Monday, October 20, 2008

Look where Brooke slept last night...

Photobucket

She finally graduated from her bassinet. LOL. The little stinker did not go to sleep and stay asleep until midnight! I was worried that she would be up and down a lot last night with sleeping in a new place, but she slept until almost 9am! I tried laying her down awake and at first I thought she was actually going to lay there and drift off to sleep, but that was not the case. She eventually started fussing and crying and I was worried about her waking Ryan up, so instead of letting her fight it out a little bit longer (because I *know she can suck her thumb and put herself to sleep, she just didn't want to), I ended up getting her and rocking her to sleep. Problem was I would have to get up off the bed to put her in the crib (didn't have to do that when she was in the bassinet because I could just reach right over and put her in) and she kept waking up. I'd try laying her down anyway and she would start crying again. Finally I tried swaddling her (which we haven't done with her in MONTHS because she started hating it) and left her left hand out so her thumb was available and I don't know if that's what did it or she was just finally ready to go to sleep, but she finally stayed asleep when I laid her down! As you can see from the picture, she did NOT stay swaddled, but I didn't expect her to because I didn't wrap her very tightly. I did expect her to roll around some, but she didn't move all night, lol. I bet it felt great to be able to stretch out, though, instead of being draped across the Boppy pillow in the bassinet. LOL.

At the moment, her crib is in our room, beside the bed but up against the wall. I would take a picture of the whole room, but it is a MESS. We have no storage space in this house aside from 2 small closets in Ryan's room, a small closet in the bathroom, a closet right inside the back door, and the attic. It's terrible!

Anyway, hopefully tonight Brooke goes to sleep earlier and sleeps just as well!


Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 9 hrs! WTG Brooke :) I know what you mean about no storage space!

JBGRIGS said...

Great Job Brooke :)