Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Zachary Logan

Seven years ago today, our first baby entered the world 16 weeks too soon. He was only here for 11 short days, but he taught me so much in that time, about life and death and God and faith. It may sound strange, but having him and then losing him made me feel closer to God than I ever had. I know that Zachary is up in Heaven with Jesus and that he is safe and will never experience any of the pain or heartache in this world. I would love it if he were still here to hold and watch grow up, but there's nothing I can do to change that, so I choose to be at peace, knowing that God's will was done in his life.

We only visit the cemetary on his birthday. I don't really like going there. I know he's not there and I don't feel like I need to go there to be close to him or remember him. But I do like taking him flowers on his birthday and taking some pictures. It seems like he's had more rainy birthdays than not and today was one of them....so I wasn't able to get as many pics of Ryan and Brooke there as I would have liked. But we did get a few.





Brooke realllly wanted those flowers....




I also have to include one of my most favorite pictures ever...this is Ryan when he was almost 2.


This was another yucky day ~ notice the plastic bag Ryan is sitting on? And also the fact that he's wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, in JUNE. Looking back, out of 7 years, I think it's only been nice out for 2 of Zachary's birthdays ~ his first birthday and his 3rd birthday

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angel Zachary.
(((Jen))) hugs, thoughts, and prayers coming your way.

Gena said...

happy birthday Zachary!

Gisela said...

Happy Birthday, Zachary!

Miss Mandee said...

What a special way to remember and recognize his birthday! Happy Birthday special little boy!

Sheila said...

{{{{{{Jen}}}}}}}
Hugs on your (late) angel day.