Wednesday, November 21, 2007

1st ultrasound!

I had my first u/s and doctor appointment yesterday! All looked well on the u/s, thank God :*). My mom went with me. We got to see the baby wiggling around and kicking its legs. The heart rate was 171bpm....pretty high! Maybe it's a girl....I'll be in shock if it is! LOL. S/he was measuring right on target, actually 2 days ahead of what I was figuring (and I knew that was a possibility), at 9 weeks 3 days. My due date is June 21st. Here are a couple pics : ).

S/he was laying kind of upside down. The head is towards the lower left. You can see the arms and legs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After my u/s I saw the doctor. I had to get a pap smear and breast exam (fun stuff when your boobs hurt just when you walk, lol). Then he talked to me about the pregnancy. I go back in 3 weeks for the 1st trimester screening (I have to call today and see if my insurance will cover it)....that's on December 12th. And then he said I'll probably get my cerclage a couple days after that! I am SO nervous about that. I'll have to get a spinal for it, but it's an outpatient procedure. My 17p (progesterone) shots start at 16 weeks and I'll get them until 36 weeks if I make it that far. (I'm SO nervous about those, too!) He did say I will most likely deliver prematurely and I have a 1 in 3 chance of it, but his goal is to get me to at *least 30-34 weeks. I just wish I knew how it was going to go!

Ryan loved seeing pictures of the baby, even though I'm not sure he quite gets it yet, lol. But we'll keep explaining it to him and talking to him about it and hopefully it will prepare him. I need to get some good books to read to him about becoming a big brother : ). He says "baby" all the time and points to my belly : ). And then he says, "Bigger, bigger, bigger!" b/c I told him that's what the baby (and my belly) is going to do. LOL.

I'll start posting belly pics soon!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so happy to go through another pregnacy with you :) Mister Rogers has a book, it's an older one but very simple that Diego did well with about a new baby. I cannot remember the name of it. I'll LYK when I find it. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! But now I want to hurry up and get pregnant so we can do this together! Hehe!

Anonymous said...

Oops!! That last comment was me! LOL!

Georg