Thursday, February 25, 2010

Full Moon


Last month right before the full moon, Ryan was being quite trying while his TSS, Miss Arlene, was here. That is unusual behavior for him when she is around. He normally doesn't push his limits too much. But he was being very argumentative and defiant and even ended up in timeout twice while she was here (and once more right after she left). She told me there was a full moon coming up soon, but she wasn't quite sure when (turns out it was the following night), and that it could have something to do with it. He'd been difficult (more so than usual) the few days leading up then, too. We figured we would make sure to pay attention to when another full moon would happen and see if we noticed any correlation.


The next one is Sunday and sure enough, Ryan has been quite a little terror the last couple of days and I don't suspect it will subside until after Sunday. Hopefully I can keep my sanity that long :-P. Things I've noticed that are worse with him are his wanting to argue over EVERYTHING, being extremely defiant and mouthy, and being more aggressive. Yesterday evening when I had to put him in time out in his room, he was trying to hit me and kick me, which is NOT usual behavior for him. He is more apt to hit himself or the wall or something of that nature. It is reassuring to know that there is something causing Ryan to behave this way (and I really do believe that whether it's scientifically proven or not), but it can still be hard to deal with these behaviors, especially without getting frustrated even though I know that definitely does not help the situation. I am hoping for a better evening tonight than the last two, but I'm not counting on it. I am wishing that full moons happened a lot less!

No comments: