Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day

This morning we woke up to this (again):

Needless to say, school was cancelled (Ryan was mad, but luckily didn't freak out). I decided to try to do something fun and different with the kids, so I made a tent in the living room using blankets. My sister, brother, and I used to love doing this when we were kids and we made some massive ones. I was hoping Ryan and Brooke would like it as much. They did enjoy it, but more when I was in there with them. It occupied them for a good hour before Tornado Brooke took part of it down and by then it was almost time for lunch, so that was the end of it for today. We'll have to try it again sometime! Now for some pictures....



I used the recliner, a kitchen chair, the pack'n'play, and couch to prop the blankets up.
(Those are Cheerios for Brooke on the table in case you're wondering ;-).)

View from the "front door".


Brooke was not impressed with the height of the "ceiling" and kept pushing it up. LOL.


Such a smiley girl!


Proof they do get along *sometimes!


Ryan coming in the "back door".


Peeking in from the "porch"

:-)

1 comment:

Holly & John said...

I remember doing that when we were little too!