Monday, December 14, 2009

It's a small world

Ryan was invited to a birthday party for a little boy in his class that was at Chuck E. Cheese yesterday afternoon. We almost didn't go because Ryan was not behaving the greatest before the party, but I felt bad not going since we had RSVP'd. So we did go. Ryan surprised me by being VERY well behaved there :-). It was really great to see him playing with and talking to kids in his class and to see them yell his name and run over to him when we got there :*). The only girl to come arrived late and it is one of Ryan's closest friends in his class...Maggie. Her mom, Lori, introduced herself to me and I realized that she was the midwife that was with my OB's practice at the time I was pregnant with Zachary and she was there the day I went in to labor and had him. I really liked when I saw her for appointments and I was SO happy she was there that day. I told her right away who I was and she remembered every little detail about that day. She then really floored me by telling me that she was in the hospital with Maggie like 2 rooms away when I was in with Ryan! Maggie was born the morning of the 19th and Ryan was born in the afternoon on the 20th. She had overheard the nurses talking about me and questioned them on what was going on, although they weren't really supposed to say anything, she did know that I was going way too early again. She told me that she had her rosary there and she prayed for us :*). And now 6 years later, our kids our in the same kindergarten class and best buds. They ran off together hand in hand to play games...it was so cute :-). We're hoping to get them together for a playdate over Christmas break. I forgot my camera, but I did snap a pic of the two of them with my phone while they were eating pizza.

2 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Wow that is amazing. How cute are they?

Gisela said...

What a small world. Ryan is so stinkin' cute! Glad he had fun at the party!!!