Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seriously

It can stop snowing any time now! It seems like it's been nonstop for about 2 weeks now. Yes, I know I live in the northeast and yes, I know it snows here in the winter. But last winter was more cold than snow and I guess I got really spoiled. Now we're getting hit with both at once....snow and snow and more snow, plus temps only in the twenties or teens or below. We have all this out there now, freezing temps the rest of the week, and a possible nor'easter on Friday that could bring a foot or more! To be quite frank, it sucks....and yes, this is me complaining about it. Maybe then I'll feel better :-P. Shoveling is getting old. Even though it hasn't been difficult, it's just annoying and it seems like a neverending job lately. This morning I went out and shoveled the sidewalk and half of the driveway before Ryan went to school at 8 and by 10:00 when I went out to do the rest of the sidewalk, I had to redo what I had already shoveled. My back is bothering me a bit today from shoveling all the nasty crap at the end of the driveway from the plow trucks. That driveway where my van (which my brother-in-law has named the Space Shuttle lol) can fit about 5-6 cars, to give you an idea of how big it is. While I obviously only have one vehicle and usually only have one extra car here if someone comes to visit, I still feel like I need to keep the whole thing clear just so it's kept up with. My upstairs neighbors moved out over the weekend, so I'm the only one here right now, though they didn't do much shoveling anyway. My dad has been over to help quite a few times and I really appreciate that! But feel bad at the same time. There was a time when I loved getting snow like this because it usually meant a delay, early dismissal, or school cancelation. But now I am an adult and have to deal with shoveling, driving in it, and dragging two kids around in it. Not so fun or exciting anymore! :-P

2 comments:

Shana said...

Wanna trade places Jen! I love snow and we NEVER get it

JBGRIGS said...

I am sick and tired of the snow too :-X