Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


Ryan came home yesterday dressed as the Cat in the Hat in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday today :-). They are having a birthday party at school today, but unfortunately Ryan had to miss it because he has a cold and was coughing nonstop the first hour after he got up this morning, so I kept him home. His nose is quite the leaky faucet, too. He doesn't seem too upset by missing it, though. Today is also Read Across America day and in honor of that, Ryan's teacher sent home a paper a couple weeks ago inviting parents to come in and read a book to the class sometime this month. I'm scheduled to go in Thursday afternoon (hopefully Ryan is feeling better by then) and I think I'm going to read the book llama llama mad at mama that Ryan just got from his book order last week. It's a really cute book. He also got llama llama red pajama, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (his request), and a few other ones. By the way, how sad is it that I'm nervous about reading to a class of kindergarteners?? LOL. The school is also having a Family Reading Night on March 17th that I plan on taking him to. Brooke will probably stay with my parents because I don't think she's quite ready for that yet and I don't want to be chasing her all over the place or listening to her scream in the stroller ;-).

The sickies have paid a visit to Brooke, too. She woke up sneezing and with a runny nose and was running a slight fever of 99.1 (under her arm). She is still eating and drinking great, she's just a bit more crabby than usual. Just hoping it doesn't turn in to an ear infection or anything like that.

Speaking of reading, I've been told that Ryan is one of the best readers, if not THE best reader, in his class :-). His preschool class last year was very focused on reading and I know that helped a lot, plus he just seems to be a little sponge. He also enjoys reading and I really hope he stays that way! I LOVE to read and I'm so happy that he's following in my footsteps so far :-).

2 comments:

Holly & John said...

He is too cute!

JBGRIGS said...

Great Job with the reading Ryan!!!! I hope they both feel better soon...