Saturday, December 15, 2007

cerclage update

I had to be at the hospital at 6:15 (ugh) yesterday morning. I was scheduled for 8:30 and was surprisingly in the O.R. by 20 'til 9! I was very nervous all morning and trying not to freak out. I guess most of it was just not knowing exactly what it would feel like (I've had 2 spinals and couldn't even remember what they felt like, lol). Everyone at the hospital was very nice and reassuring. It took them longer to prep me and do the spinal (which wasn't bad at all) than it did for him to do the procedure and I was only in the O.R. for 30 minutes! It was FAST. I mentioned to the anesthesiologist that I've had 2 spinals before and headaches both times and said, "Not with mine you won't!" LOL. He didn't lie! My head doesn't hurt at all (whew!). While Dr. K. was doing the cerclage, it was the weirdest sensation. I could barely feel a thing, but when I did feel something it felt like the baby fluttering around. SO odd, but not uncomfortable at all. After he was done, he did a quick u/s and I got to see the baby for a few seconds and then he showed me the stitches (there's 2).

I got to recovery about 10 after 9 and had to wait until I could move my legs to go back to my room. That took about 30-40 minutes, I think. I was back in my room by 10. I called my mom and talked to her for about 10-15 minutes and then hung up so I could trying peeing. My bladder was SO full from the IV fluids and it really hurt! So the nurse and Doug helped me get out of bed and get in the bathroom, but I still couldn't feel my butt or midsection, lol. And I couldn't pee. So I got back in bed for awhile and then tried again. I sat on the toilet for at least 20 minutes before I finally went. That felt sooooo good, lol. And then I was allowed to go home. The peeing was the worst part of the whole thing. LOL. (Besides the I.V....my hand/wrist STILL hurts and I can't use it properly.) We were out of the hospital by noon.

I had Doug stop at Sheetz and get me a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown b/c I was starving. Then he dropped me off at my mom and dad's and went home to get some stuff done. Ryan spent the night at my mom and dad's Thursday night so we didn't have to drag him out so early. He did really well! Went to sleep fine and stayed asleep : ). And he didn't cry at all.I was having some light spotting (Dr. K. said that was normal), but late afternoon I started having some cramps, which he didn't mention so I was nervous. I called ambulatory surgery and they said it was normal, but then called back and said they thought I said I had a D&C, not a cerclage @@ <--eye roll -- and that I should call OB and talk to someone there. So I did and talked to a very nice nurse who said the cramping was probably normal and as long as it didn't become severe or turn in to pain and I didn't have heavy bleeding or a fever, I should try not to worry. Just take it easy and stay hydrated. So far...:::knock on wood::::...I haven't had any spotting or cramping since I went to bed last night. Hopefully there will be no more.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it all went well! Here's to having a healthy big baby!!!!!

Crystal said...

I an glad to hear things went good, Here's to another healthy 6 months!! ( because you are 3 already)

Stacey said...

Glad it went well. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going great I can't wait to watch you grow!! Need another update soon!!


Always Holly and Dustin