Thursday, December 13, 2007

update!!

First off, I'm totally slacking in the belly pic department! In my defense, our DSL internet was down from Thursday to Tuesday night and we were on limited dial-up service. Anyway, here are a couple pics taken on Saturday, the day I turned 12 weeks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't know WHY my face is so red!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ryan had to get in on it ; )

I had my first trimester Down Syndrome screening yesterday (detailed u/s and bloodwork) and saw the doctor. Everything looks well with the baby and s/he is measuring right on track (well, actually 12w 6d and I was 12w 4d yesterday, but that's fine) : ). Whew! S/he was SO active! The tech had a heck of a time getting some of the measurements. LOL. I can't believe how much the baby has grown in 3 weeks! (Go back and look at the 9w 3d u/s pics!) S/he is about 3 oz. at this point. Here are a few pics:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The baby had its hands up by its face a lot of the time! Just like Ryan!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a close up.

Dr. K. came in and looked through the pics the tech got of the baby and my cervix and then did a quick scan to look at the baby himself and he was pleased. Then he did an internal to check my cervix and said it was "excellent". Whew! Last visit he said it was short, so that was a relief to hear today! I've been worrying about it getting shorter. Before the screening, my risk of having a baby with DS was 1 in 940 some, I believe, and now it's down to 1 in 9872. After Dr. K. was done examining me, he asked when I wanted the cerclage done and said he could do it this week. I think we both said Friday at the same time, lol. Doug is off Friday so it works out perfectly. My mom is actually keeping Ryan overnight tonight since I'll probably have to be at the hospital around 7am tomorrow (I'll find out for sure what time later today). I am SO freaking nervous! I'll be getting a spinal block for the procedure, which makes me nervous, even though I've had them twice before for my c-sections. I don't remember them being very painful, so I guess it can't be *too bad. What I'm most worried about is getting the dang headache afterward, which I had both times before and it SUCKED. Maybe 3rd time's a charm. I hope. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that all goes smoothly tomorrow and I don't freak out too much and I don't get "the headache"! Thanks : ). My next appointment is January 2nd and I'll be 15w 4d and we're hoping to find out the gender! Doug will be with me at that appointment, so that would be a really great time to find out : ).

On to a little bit of Ryan news.....He is finally starting to use the potty a little bit! It started Tuesday....I caught him in the morning mid-poop and he finished on the potty, lol. And then that evening HE wanted to go on the potty (first time for that) and he actually peed several times! Yesterday was pretty crazy with my appointment and then we were at my mom and dad's. He did sit on it yesterday morning and last night and *tried to go (first time for that as well), but nothing happened. I really think he's finally getting it, though : ).

Tuesday night we took him to see Santa at the mall and we got his pic taken. He just loves Santa and isn't afraid at all : ). The first pic, the photographer threw in just b/c *he liked it (he said it looks like Ryan's thinking about what he wants for Christmas and it kinda does, but Ryan was actually in the middle of signing "horse" b/c that's what he wants, lol). We bought the 2nd one : ).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! s/he looks like a BABY already! with my 12w u/s with kayleigh, she just looked like a little jelly bean, lol!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the u/s and appt, I was just going to email you last night and ask where the pics/update were, lmao. Good no-headache vibes for your spinal and cerclage tomorrow, and MAN, Ryan is such a cute little devil. I still refer to you guys to DH as "Baby Ryan and his Mom" and then he says, "Isn't he like 4 now? He's not a baby anymore"@@ lmao

Crystal said...

Hey, It's Crystal from the aol preemie board. The U/S pictures look great!! I looked at your list of names, and I love Madelyn, but I have one, hehe spelled Madalyn. Olivia is pretty too. I am praying everything goes well, on friday.

Anonymous said...

I hope the cerclage goes well today and no spinal headache!!!! Your pics look great!! The baby looks like a baby, so cute!! :) And I love Ryans pics with santa..there is NO way Jaiden would sit for those!! lol :)