Sunday, January 20, 2008

18 weeks already!

I am officially halfway there since I doubt my OB will let me go past 36 weeks....there's a slight possibility until 37 weeks, but I 'm doubtful. We'll see! Here's this week's belly pic, taken yesterday:


Photobucket

Once again, I've filled out more "up top". LOL. Baby girl must be pushing my organs up or something because she's down near my belly button. Total weight gain so far is 5lbs. I feel her move a lot now : ). About a week ago when I was laying in bed watching some TV before going to sleep, I had my hand on my belly and felt the tiniest little tap. Well, last night I was doing the same and she kicked (punched?) so hard that my hand actually moved! : ) It's a very cool, amazing feeling to feel her moving around, but once in awhile it give me the heebie jeebies, lol. Especially when she decides to bump my cervix. I can't stand that! Luckily it doesn't happen too often. We went to the movies Friday night to see Sweeny Todd (pretty good movie, by the way, but VERY bloody) and when it first started, the baby was going NUTS, probably wondering where we were and why it was so loud. LOL. She settled down pretty quickly, though. I think I might have gone nuts if I could feel her bouncing around in there the whole time ; ).

No name yet. My top pick, Oliva, Doug has said he won't cave on. He doesn't like it at all : (. Nor does he like Audrey or Lily, my other top picks. He skimmed through our baby name book and came up with Dakota and Brooke. Dakota is definitely a no-go for me and I could probably live with Brooke, but I don't *love* it. I said to him about Sophie, but he likes Sophia better and I'm not sure about that. I guess I could still call her Sophie. But right now between those 2 I'm leaning more towards Brooke. He still has to go through the rest of the book, so we'll see what else he comes up with.

I got my 2nd injection Wednesday night...Doug's aunt gave it to me. This one didn't get nearly as sore. It hurts like it's bruised, but my whole muscle doesn't hurt and it doesn't hurt just to move like the first side. I know it's because the nurse had me stand to get the first one and you can't completely relax your muscles (and it never occurred to me to shift my weight to the opposite leg) and I laid down for the 2nd one. I can't believe I can't feel that huge needle (or the medicine) go in! Yay for that! LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Deal sweetie!! Moving right along and you just keep on truckin! You are doing agreat job!!

Love Always
Holly