Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's a....

Photobucket
BABY GIRL!!!!


Doug and I are both still sort of in shock. LOL. The u/s tech looked between the legs right away after making sure we wanted to know and I didn't notice any boy parts, but thought maybe I was missing them. She was still looking and we were just kinda of chatting and all of a sudden, with NO warning, she says, "Well, it's definitely a girl!" I think both of our jaws dropped and we just looked at each other. LOL. It still hasn't sunk in! I will admit that I was a tiny bit disappointed at first because Ryan isn't going to have a brother, but at the same time I am thrilled to be having a daughter : ). The tech also checked my cervix and it was nice and long : ). Baby girl's head was actually measuring 17w 5d (and I was only 16w 6d), lol....we'll see if they end up changing my due date when I have my big u/s at the doctor's on the 1st. Here are some more pics we got:


Photobucket
Side profile


Photobucket
Side profile with her hands

Photobucket
Full body in 3D

Photobucket
Another full body shot. I think this one is my fave : )


Click here to see the close up of her face.
I tried resizing this pic about 10 times and it was still showing up HUGE and half the pic was cut off, so this is the best I could do!
She still looks like an alien. LOL. We might go back later in the pregnancy for better pics and for the video : ).

After we were done at the u/s place, we went to T.G.I. Friday's for lunch and I could barely eat because I was so shocked and excited. LOL. I was able to talk Doug in to stopping at the mall quick. I had a $10G.C. for Gymboree so I went in there and found these 2 adorable outfits! With my G.C., I only had to pay $4.97!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Her first dress! : ) It comes with matching bloomers, too.

We stopped at Doug's mom's work on the way home to tell her (and her coworkers were dying to know). We put the pink onesie that we bought not long after I found out I was pregnant (we bought one pink and one blue) in a baby gift bag and had her pull it out. She cried. I knew she would. She was really hoping for another granddaughter (she currently has one, plus 5 grandsons including Zachary). My mom and dad were really happy, too : ). I should have known it was a girl with how different this pregnancy has been! My morning sickness came later and lasted less time, I've had heartburn which I never had before, I'm more tired than I was during my other pregnancies, and my belly is filling out differently! Doug says I'm moodier and b*tchier, too, lol (I am!). Here's this week's belly pic (17 weeks already!) taken today:

Photobucket

I got my first 17p injection on Wednesday at the doctor's office. I was soooooooo nervous and it ended up not hurting at all! In fact I only felt a tiny pinch when the needle went in and that was it. Boy, is my hip/butt sore now, though. LOL. Oh well. Doug's aunt will be giving me the shots every week from now on : ). Well, I think that's all for now!



4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay!! I am sooo happy for you!! A baby girl =0)!! And a nice long cervix to go along with it, What great news.

Sadie said...

Congrats Jen!! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! OOHHHH you will have such a pretty little girl though!! Besides who knows if your preggie does really well this time with all the interventions you are doing and if this is what works for you who knows maybe you could try again later! LOL You are doing a wonderful job sweetie!! WTG! And you look GREAT!

Love Holly

Stacey said...

YAY!!! Glad everything is going well!! A GIRL!!!!!! lol