Thursday, January 3, 2008

15 (and a half) week appointment

First, here's my 15 week belly pic, taken Saturday!


Photobucket

My appointment was yesterday and it was boring! LOL. I thought I was getting an u/s, but I didn't. Mostly I was just excited about possibly finding out the sex, but it's a bit early for that anyway. Total weight gain so far is 3lbs. and my blood pressure was good (108/66, I think). Before the doctor came in, the midwife was in to talk to me (and Doug was there, too). I got some clarifications from her on how easy I should be taking it and she said normal routine shoudl be fine, but avoid lifting and any type of pushing/pulling activity (like vacuuming). I questioned her on how I would know if the cerclage wasn't holding and she said I would probably have pink or red discharge. Let's hope for none of that! We got the medicine delivered the other day for my weekly injections and I took that with me because I wasn't sure if I would get my first dose or not, being only 15w 4 d and they're supposed to start at 16w. The nurse asked if there was anyone at home that could give them because they charge $21 to give a freaking shot! We're going to check with a couple of Doug's aunts who do home health nursing and see if they can show Doug how to give them, although he's not sure if he *can do it. LOL. Hopefully we'll figure something out so 1.) I don't have to find a way downtown every week and 2.) we dont have to pay them $21 a week! When the doctor came in he said it would be good for us if we can give them at home (and lots of his patients do), but if need be I can go in there for them or possibly to the hospital here in town. I have to check what they would charge, though. OMGoodness, the needles are freaking HUGE : X. I'm going to TRY not to be a baby about it. LOL. Oh, and they have to go in the butt. Joy joy ; ). I go back in 4 weeks on February 1st and that's when I'll get my "big" u/s and we'll find out the sex if the baby cooperates (and s/he better, lol)! They'll also check my cerclage at that point. So I guess that's all for now! You'll probably "hear from me" again before my next appointment : ).

P.S. Forgot to say the midwife found the baby's heartbeat pretty quickly with the doppler (it was 138bpm) and it was in the same spot I've been feeling movement : ).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Deal I am glad things are still gong smoooooth. Keep them that way!! LOL you look sooo pretty keep your hair long cause it looks sooo good on you!