Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Coming out of the woodwork to vent

Sorry I haven't been around the past week and a half. I wasn't really in the mood to blog. I'll post a good update soon.


Last night was THE worst night Brooke has EVER had. And I am still stumped as to why!! Let me preface this by saying that she went 11 wonderful nights, sleeping straight through, a couple weeks ago. Now I'm lucky if she does that every other night and usually when she gets up, it's at 2am and then back to sleep until 7 or 8.


So last night she had her last bottle around 9:15, just like she has been, and was in her crib at 9:30 sound asleep. I went to bed around 10:30 and probably fell asleep close to 11:00. She woke at 12am for some unknown reason. I put her back to sleep and went back to sleep myself. She woke AGAIN at 1am, so I got her a bottle and she drank 3 ounces. Then I could not get her to go to sleep! She was WIDE awake until about 2am and I finally got her asleep and in her crib at 2:15 and laid back down myself. I had just fallen asleep again and she woke AGAIN at 2:36!! Got her back out of her crib and tried putting her to sleep and she was once again wide awake. Came downstairs and got one of her blankets and tried swaddling her for the heck of it. I put her back in her crib at 3:00 and guess what, folks! She was back up 15 minutes later!! WTH?!?! By this point I was SO unbelievably frustrated, mostly because I had (and still have) NO idea WHY she kept waking up! She was not fussing or crying (unless I would try to let her lay there and go back to sleep on her own). She did not sleep more than usual yesterday and she did not nap later than usual. Finally at that point I said the hell with it and put her in bed with me, which I really don't like to do because I don't want her getting used to it AND I don't sleep well AT ALL when she's in bed with me, but I figured crappy sleep was better than no sleep at all : P. For the record, she then slept straight through until 7am....I feel like I hardly slept at all.


:::yawn:::



Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen.. I say if it works, do it. Cosleeping will never work for us... but if that's the only way I could sleep, then I can't say it would be totally out of the question. Some babies need to feel someone next to them to be able to sleep. They are all programmed differetly, which I'm sure you know. Just keep telling yourself, she WILL sleep consistently some day! ((((()))))'s

Anonymous said...

Jen, could she be teething? Hayden did that waking up every 20 minutes thing when he was teething. Hyland's teething tablets saved my life (and his ha ha!). Also, you mentioned in your other post that she doesn't like to be alone, she's at the perfect age for separation anxiety. I know what it's like to be so frustrated by our babies. It's a good thing God made them cute, huh? Hang in there!