Friday, November 28, 2008

It's official


The Christmas season is officially upon us. Sadly, I'm not feeling it at all and usually I am today, the day after Thanksgiving. There is just too much crap going on right now in my life for me to even think about the holidays. The good thing is that the kids' Christmas shopping is 99% done already (yay!). I just can't believe that it's this time of year already! Wow. It seems like it was just summertime last month. Craziness, I tell ya. And before I know it, it will be *next summer and I'll be feeling like it was just winter.


I guess I should take the time and post a little update on Brooke and her reflux. I had Brooke in to the doctor 2 weeks ago for her synagis shot and at that time, I talked to the doctor about increasing her reflux med (Zantac) again because she hadn't been eating as well and seemed to be in pain sometimes during feedings (pulling away, arching her back, and screaming). So he increased her dose from 0.8mL to 1.2mL. The next couple days she was eating better and it seemed like the increase in the Zantac was helping. But then she started eating even worse/less than she had been. So after several days of this (I was waiting to see if it would pass), I called the ped's office on Monday to let them know what was going on. The doctor felt she should be seen at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh by a gastroenterologist since the medicine wasn't working anymore. So I called and made her an appointment for this coming Monday. Now, all of a sudden she's back to eating like normal again! Doesn't seem to be in pain or anything. It's so strange! So I cancelled the appointment and will reschedule if need be. It seemed odd to me that her reflux would all of a sudden start getting worse because normally it gets better the older babies get and hers wasn't *that severe to begin with. So maybe it wasn't really her reflux at all? I don't know! Being a mom sure keeps you on your toes!!

2 comments:

Gena said...

((((JEN)))) I hope you can get through this season. I know it's tough when dealing with what you are dealing with. But you can do it!! and YAY for Brooke on doing better! I hope it continues to be better!

X6undergr0undx said...

I am going through the same thing with Rachael. Hers isnt that bad , but the meds definately werent helping as much. So they increased her from .6 to .8. She still spits up all day long but doesnt seem uncomfortable. They said since she is gaining so much they wouldnt even suggest going to see a GI doctor because they probably wouldnt give her anything else anyway since the other meds have more side effects. SO we are just going to buy more bibs lol (((()))