Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An update

Life has been interesting lately, to put it mildly. I'm feeling so overwhelmed much of the time. I hate to say this, but Brooke puts me on edge a lot of the time : (. I just feel like I can't figure her out. She keeps switching things up on me. For about a week, she was napping so well in her crib and going down awake even. God FORBID you try to do that now. She screams like you're killing her. Sometimes she will fall asleep while swinging in her swing, but most of the time she needs bounced in her bouncy seat or held and put to sleep. Then she usually only sleeps for 15-20 minutes at a time. She is also back to being more demanding and not liking to be "alone" for any length of time. It's like she needs almost constant attention most of the time. It's exhausting and frustrating at times. Just when I thought things were getting easier, all of a sudden they're harder again.


Ryan is....Ryan. LOL. Most of the time, he's very good and listens well, but sometimes he can be very stubborn and defiant. I guess that comes with the territory of being five! He's talking up a storm lately and I love it most of the time. He's reading soooo many words and loves to try to read books. He's getting some easy reader books for Christmas. He's doing well in school and has made a lot of progress just since the end of last school year (he has all the same therapists, even though he's at a different school and they've all noticed big improvements in lots of areas). He's still our little sports fanatic and loves watching sports on TV (especially bowling and baseball) and playing Wii Sports on the Wii. He plays with his Little Tikes bowling set everyday, too.


I took Brooke today for her first synagis injection today that will help prevent her from getting RSV (or at least reduce the severity if she does get it). She'll get one shot a month until May. (Ryan was so high risk that he got them for 3 winters! That is very rare for them to approve that many years.) She did cry when she got her shot, but not for long. She made sure to give the nurse her little puppy dog look while whimpering with watery eyes afterwards. LOL. The dose goes by weight and next month she'll probably weigh enough that she'll need 2 separate shots (one in each leg) : (. She weighed 13lbs. 12oz. Big girl! She's gained 11lbs. in 7.5 months...not too shabby! I talked to the doctor about increasing her Zantac for her reflux again because she has only been taking 2 ounces at a time at most feedings the past few days, when she had been taking 3.5-4oz. She'll be in the middle of eating and all of a sudden she'll pull away and arch her back and won't let the bottle near her mouth again. He increased her from 0.8mL's to 1.2mL's (two times a day). Hopefully it helps!


I'll try not to go so long without posting again and I'll also try to post some new pictures soon, too!



Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((Jen)))) It must be a girl thing. They are so high maintainanced!

Nicoolmama said...

Oh, my Will, who was born April 1st of this year, still does that! It's hard bc I have a 4 1/2 year old and Will never wants to be put down. He will only crash after I nurse him to sleep or while he is eating a bottle. I just try to breathe and appreciate even one second I get without being attached to someone.
Once you think you get their system down, they change again. But, man, are they worth it!