Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy 11 Months, Brooke!

Posting this one day late due to a long, busy day yesterday...more on that later.



Wow....11 months. I am truly in awe that my baby girl is one month away from being a year old. The first year really does go by SO fast.

Brooke had a busy month! She learned to sit up on her own. She learned how to crawl. And she learned how to stand up at things and now stands up at anything and everything she can! She is such a busy little baby, always moving from one thing to the next, now that she's really able to get around. She doesn't spend much time in one place playing with any one thing. She is LOVING her newfound freedom. It's taken a little bit of adjusting and getting used to her being so mobile, but I love watching her explore her environment and how proud she gets when she accomplishes something.

Another new "trick" she learned this month is patting your hand when you say "patty cake". So cute. She hasn't yet got the actual clapping down. I'm excited for that because I think it's adorable when babies clap : ). Another thing she loves to do is "sniff" at you, while smiling this big cheesy green. OMG, I LOVE it. I'll have to try to get it on video (and then hope I can post the link here and get it to work, unlike when I tried to post a video of her crawling).

I'm also VERY happy to report that she has been sleeping through the night for almost a month straight now : ). She does sometimes wake for her blanket and then goes right back to sleep when I find it for her, but no more waking up and not wanting to go back to sleep and stay asleep for an hour or more : ). It is SO nice!

I had posted last month about moving her up to Level 2 bottle nipples and her drinking about 5-10oz. more per day. That lasted for a couple weeks and then she got a cold and wasn't eating as much. Even once she got over her cold, she still was only taking about 18-20oz. a day. But all of a sudden, several days ago she started eating really well again and has been taking close to 30oz. a day. Another growth spurt maybe? She goes in for her next (and 2nd to last for the season) synagis shot on Wednesday, so we'll see how much she weighs then.

Okay, I could ramble on and on about my little girl, but I don't want to bore you all too much ; ). So with that, I'll just leave you with a few more pictures. She wasn't too happy when I first started...note the tear on her cheek in the first pic. I had to post it because I love the expression on her face.

I think I've said it before, but just in case anyone is wondering, I only use the Boppy pillow in the pictures now for size reference, not because she need sit (obviously, lol).





So proud of herself for standing up like a big girl!

P.S. Next month, I plan on posting all of her "month" pictures in her 12 months/one year post!

2 comments:

tara said...

aw, Happy eleven months! I can't believe it!!! She sounds like she is doing great! Make sure you come enter my latest giveaway! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww such a BIG little girl she is! Congrats on the sleep!! It's about time, lolol!!!