Thursday, February 5, 2009

Now she's sick

Ryan started with a cold on Saturday. Nothing major...just a sniffly nose and some sneezing. He didn't even get a cough this time! I was hoping Brooke was going to avoid it this time, but she didn't. She seemed to be sneezing more than usual yesterday (she's a sneezer, lol)...and I was hoping it wasn't a cold settling in. She went to bed at 9 and seemed pretty restless between then and when I went to bed at 10:30. I had just fallen asleep going on 11 and she woke me up. She was fussing and I could hear that she was getting a little stuffy. I tried just giving her blanket to her, but she wanted none of that. So I took her out of her crib and sat on the bed and rocked her. Got her back to sleep and tried laying her back in her crib and she woke right back up. So back on the bed I went with her. I just knew she was not going to stay asleep in her crib, so I tried laying her down in my bed when she went to sleep and again she woke right back up. At this point, I'm thinking, 'Great...the only way she is going to sleep tonight is if I sit up and hold her.' I was thinking about kicking Doug off the couch so I could sit downstairs with her and maybe get some sleep. I held her for a good 20 minutes after she went to sleep and tried laying her down again. This time she stayed asleep. This was around 12:30. She woke back up at 2:30 and I had to sit up with her again. Back down she went around 3:15. She was extremely restless between then and 6 when Ryan woke up...and I didn't get much sleep. She kept waking up, crying and I slept with her from about 4:00 on with her in my arm (sooo not comfy, lol). The funny thing is, she doesn't even seem *that sick. She doesn't sound congested...she's just been sneezing a lot. I was surprised she wouldn't sleep. She usually sleeps okay when she has a cold. She woke around a quarter to 7 and was happy as a clam then. LOL. Of course ; ). Hopefully her cold stays very mild just like Ryan's. Don't want her to lose any of that precious weight she just gained! Not to mention, miserable, sick babies are so sad : (.

1 comment:

tara said...

I hope she starts feeling better soon Jen!