Wednesday, February 4, 2009

YAY for Level 2 bottle nipples!

Ever since we started using the Level 2 nipples for Brooke, she's been drinking about 30oz. a day instead of barely 20oz.! I could tell that she was getting heavier and I haven't had that feeling in a long time because she really has been gaining SO slowly. I was SO excited for her synagis appointment today to see what she weighed because I was expecting a significant gain. On the 14th of last month, she weighed 14lbs. 14oz. I almost jumped up and down when the scale showed 16lbs. today!!! Maybe that's silly to get so excited over something like that, but oh well...that's me. LOL. She gained 1lb. 2oz. in THREE WEEKS! That is so awesome, especially for her : ). I don't know if some of that was just a growth spurt (which she was due for, I think) or if maybe she'll keep gaining that well with drinking so much more...either way, I am THRILLED : ).


Not so thrilling is the fact that she has a yeast diaper rash : P. Last Monday, I think it was, she woke up with a poopy diaper and had a terrible diaper rash. It was sooo red. It was mostly cleared up a couple days later and even now is just about completely gone, except she has some red dots on her "girly parts" that won't go away. So the physician's assistant prescribed Nystatin cream for her. Hopefully that will clear it up quickly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the weight gain! Who would have thought level 2's would have an effect on that?! And ow on the yeast :( How did she get it? Teething maybe?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask, are you still using cloth? What a pain if you are, with the yeast!

JBGRIGS said...

Yay great job growing Brooke :)