Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday already?

This weekend seemed to fly by! Friday I got to go out for the afternoon/evening with my sister and her boyfriend. We drove an hour away and went to Red Lobster and then did some shopping (mostly window shopping for me, lol) and played mini golf. It was a lot of fun : ). The kids were with Daddy until about 5:30 and then he dropped them off next door with his mom and went to the Steelers training camp. I picked them up when I got home.


Saturday morning I took Ryan and Brooke to Toys'R'Us to get some ideas for Ryan's birthday since a few people were asking me what to get him. I so cannot believe he will be 6 on the 20th! I did get a few ideas. He's hard to shop for because he doesn't play with a whole lot : /. We had dinner at my in-laws' that night. It was like a holiday...ham, noodles in ham broth, stuffing balls, mashed potatoes, and green beans....YUM!


Yesterday we set up at the flea market to try to get rid of more of our stuff and make more money. We were supposed to set up last Sunday, but it was raining bright and early in the morning when we were supposed to go. Well, I say "we", but Doug and his mom and dad actually went down first thing around 7am to set up. I didn't want to wake the kids up that early (well, Ryan is usually up by that time, but Brooke likes to sleep until 9 some mornings), so I waited until a little later and then dropped the kids off at my mom and dad's and went down to help out. We did pretty good. But I got fried. It's not super bad...like I don't think it will blister or anything...but it's bad for me because I almost always use sunscreen. Yes, that means I usually look like a ghost all summer, but I don't care. LOL. Anyway, I guess I'll have a pretty good tan now. Oh well.


We came home and unloaded the stuff we had left (thinking about going back again next weekend) and Brooke and I got in the pool for awhile. Ryan and Doug didn't want to come in : P. We ate leftovers at my in-laws' (they live right next door, remember?) and then came home, put the kids to bed, and watched Big Brother.


Today I need to wash clothes (diapers are washing right now), clean up the downstairs, and go grocery shopping tonight. Fun stuff, I tell ya ; ).

No comments: