Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ryan's first week of school and some other news

So as I posted, Ryan's first day of school was Wednesday. The autism support teacher was with him Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. She had given me her cell phone number so I could call her to see how his first day was going, so of course I did! I talked to her about 1:30 on Wednesday and she told me Ryan was having a great day and she was really impressed with how he was listening to the teacher and following directions and doing what he was supposed to do :-). Her biggest concerns were him speaking loud enough to be heard in the classroom from a distance without someone next to him to relay what he said, and the cafeteria. She helped him get his lunch and take his tray to the table. He chose a bologna and cheese sandwich (instead of the entree, a cheeseburger) and he told her he wanted the crust OFF, lol. Then he wanted the whipped cream off the top of his chocolate pudding, lol. So she said, as a MOM, she would be concerned that he may not have eaten if she hadn't been there. But overall, he had an AWESOME day :-). I received a note from her Thursday reiterating what a great first two days he had and that he was trying very hard to "stay in the green"....they are either in green, yellow, or red depending on how they are listening and behaving and if they get to red, they may lose recess or something else. He's never had a problem behaving in school, so hopefully this year is no different ;-). Ryan seems to really enjoy school and says his teacher is nice :-). Hopefully he has a fantastic year!

______________________________
In other news....
If you've been reading awhile (or know me "in real life" or somewhere else other than this blog), then you know that the kids and I moved out back in the beginning of December and in with my parents for about a month. I do not want to go in to details on this blog, but Doug and I were having problems. By the time the new year rolled around, we moved back in because he said the things he did were in the past and he didn't want to lose his family. That lasted less than 6 months. Then things got worse than ever before. By the middle of last month, I decided I had had enough. Last week, Wednesday night, I went to look at an apartment and I have decided to take it. I should have the lease signed and keys in hand by Wednesday! And I'm really, really hoping to be all moved in by the weekend because I am slowly losing my mind here :-P. I still need to tell Ryan we'll be moving and I plan on it in the next day or so....if I tell him too soon, it is all I will hear about. As long as he has a few days, he should be okay. He did well in December when we moved out...hopefully this time will be the same. Brooke is too young to understand anything about the situation, but hopefully it won't be too upsetting for her. The place we're moving to is only a couple minutes away, so if Doug chooses to, he can see the kids pretty much anytime and I told him that. I really try not to post too much personal information on here as far as what is going on in my life aside from how the kids are doing, but I did want to put it out there that this chapter of my/our life is closing and a new one is opening....praying it's a good one!
______________________________
Last night we went to Doug's brother and SIL's house (in case you're wondering, my and the kids' relationship with his family will not change at all throughout this separation and eventual divorce....YAY!). We had roasted hot dogs over the fire and had corn on the cob and then cake and ice cream for Ryan's birthday party. The adults played some pool and Ryan played the Wii (the older kids mostly played outside...Ryan is just a tad too little to keep up with them yet or even really be interested in what they're doing). My SIL also cut Ryan's hair and it looks so cute! I don't have any of the pictures on the computer yet, but I will hopefully get to that later today or tomorrow. Time to go start getting ready for church soon! Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday :-).

4 comments:

Gisela said...

YEAH for Ryan have a great start to the school year! I hope things continue to go well!

And Jen, lots of prayers for you as you start your new journey! I wish nothing but the best for you, and hope the transition goes smoothly for you and the kids. You guys deserve nothing but the best that life has to offer!

Sadie said...

Big hugs Jen!! {{{{{Jen}}}}}} I didn't know you were having any problems with Doug, and I hope this "new life" ahead of you if the best!

Sarah said...

I'm excited to hear about the new life! It's so nice when you can still get along with your ILs, it makes things so nice for the kids especially.

Anonymous said...

glad things are working out for you and the kids. :o)