Monday, August 3, 2009

A Conspiracy?

It felt like there was one against me last night, to keep me from going to sleep. I stayed up a little later than usual last night (I'm not a night person) and right before I was about to go to bed at 10:30, Brooke woke up. I brought her downstairs and tried snuggling her back to sleep, but it wasn't working, so I thought she might be hungry and got her a bottle. She drank about 4oz., but was still wide awake. Finally around 11:30, I took her upstairs and laid her in bed beside me while I watched TV. She was laying there sucking her thumb, but not going to sleep. In fact, a few times she even sat up and smiled at me and started waving her blanket around. LOL. How could I be mad at that?! I did start to get a little annoyed, though, not knowing WHY she was wide awake that time of night when she's normally sleeping, so I decided to try laying her in her crib to see what she did, around midnight. I was hesitant to try to go to sleep right away myself because I figured as soon as I did, she would start fussing. Around 12:15, it seemed that she'd fallen asleep so I tried to go to sleep myself. I think everyone has had those times where you're SO tired but sleep won't come. That's what happened to me.

As I finally started to drift off to sleep, my idiot neighbors decided that 12:45 was a good time of night to get their 4-wheelers out and go for a ride, but not before revving them up several times, right outside my bedroom window pretty much. Right after they left, Ryan started having a coughing spell. He's had a cold for a few days and a bit of a cough, which of course is always worse at night. The cough attack wasn't bothering him, but it was bothering me. I went over and offered him a drink, which he refused. I propped his pillow up and tucked him back in. He finally stopped coughing and got in to a good sleep again and I think I finally passed out about 1:30 and I woke up at 7:45. :::::yawn::::: To some people, that may be a good night's sleep, but I'm used to about 2-3 hours more than that : P.

Early to bed for me tonight! Hopefully it's a quiet night!

No comments: