Monday, July 7, 2008

Pukey weekend

I don't know what was up with Brooke this weekend, especially Friday! We were at my mom and dad's most of the day for a cookout. She puked at least 6 or 7 times there and a few times it was probably at least half of her bottle, if not more. I was starting to get nervous that she had pyloric stenosis. Doug's dad, oldest brother, and brother's 2 kids all had it and it runs in families. I almost took her to the E.R. to get checked, but decided to wait until we got home (which was around 7:30) and see how she was doing. She didn't puke again after we got home! Saturday she had one pretty big spit ups and then a few smaller ones and yesterday she had one big spit up and a few smaller ones. I'm not real sure what's up with that. She has an appointment with the chiropractor this afternoon and I'm curious to find out how he says she "feels" (as far as the tightness in her spine and whatnot). It's been over a week since she's last been there and the first time she hasn't gone ever 2-3 days since she started going. So I don't know if that's just a coincidence that she's now spitting up more or what.


The home health nurse was here again today and despite all the spitting up Brooke did over the weekend (especially on Friday), she still managed to gain an ounce a day and is now up to 7lb. 8oz.! And she measured 20 3/4in.! She's starting to fit nicely in the bigger 0-3m sleepers we have.


She's still eating well, but driving us crazy. No longer does she take a large amount and is good for 3.5-4 hours...at least not always. Sometimes she decides she only wants a "snack" and then wants to eat again in 2 hours. It's kinda frustrating when she does this, but what are we gonna do about it, ya know? It's not like we can just let her scream and be hungry until she is "supposed" to eat again. But the good thing is she is taking her last bottle about 10:00 and then going to sleep between 11 and 12 and sleeping a good 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hour stretch! So I can't complain there. Hopefully she'll be one of those babies that is sleeping through the night be 3 months (adjusted age) old or so! : )

Friday, we had the cookout at my mom and dad's. Then on Saturday we had a big cookout at Doug's brother's house. Brooke got held by lots of people and she just ate it up, lol. Yesterday our friends came in from out of town for the day. I met Heather through an AOL message board when we were pregnant (me with Ryan and her with her oldest son, Zachery). We were both due in December (and Zach was actually born one day after Ryan's due date). She also has a little boy, Logan, who is 18 months old. We first met at Ryan's 1st birthday party and we've been going to each other's kid's birthday parties ever since (we've only ever missed one each and the same year (2nd), actually!). She came with her husband, Jeramy, and we just hung out and let the kids play and had yet another cookout, lol. It was lots of fun! The kids had a blast : ). I had fun, too, and I hope Heather and Jeramy did as well (I think they did) : ).


We are leaving for the weekend on Thursday to go visit a very close family friend that my mom has known since before I was born! She lives about 3 hours away. When I was kid, we used to go almost every summer for about a week at a time. We took Ryan 2 years ago, but didn't go last year. She has been up to visit several times over the last year and he's gotten pretty attached to her and has been asking to go see her ever since we told him we were going about a month and a half ago. LOL. So he's excited! My mom and dad want to take him to Hands-On House while we're there. It's a hands-on kids museum. They took my brother, sister, and I when we were kids and we loved it. I'm hoping Ryan will, too! I'm not sure what else we'll be doing while we're there, but it will be nice to just visit with everyone!


I don't have pics ready to put up yet, but I'll try to get some up before we leave! I also got a video clip of Brooke rolling over last night! I'll have to post that, too : ). She rolled over 5 times in a row, so I KNOW it's not just a fluke. I can't believe she's rolling over when she's only 2 weeks adjusted age! That's crazy! I want her to develop "normally" and not have the delays like Ryan had/has, but I also hope she doesn't hit all her milestones early....she's my last baby and I don't want her to grow up too fast! :*(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course we had fun! And I think that I could actually drive out there myself now~ maybe the boys and I will be able to come out more often, and not have to do it only on days when Jeramy and Doug are off work! :)