Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We're home!

Well, we've been home since Sunday, but I haven't really had time to post until now. Probably in another 30 seconds, Brooke will start screaming, though...just like she's done almost every other time today that I've gone to do something : /.


Our trip was fun! The ride down went great...very little traffic, which always puts me more at ease. We stopped for a pee break once and got to Bev's just in time for Brooke to eat. It took us just under 3 hours to get there. In a nutshell, this was our weekend:


Thursday night, Doug, my sister, and I went to the mall after supper. My sister and I split up from Doug pretty fast (he hates shopping with me, lol...not that I really bought anything). We took separate vehicles so we just met back at the house later. I ended up getting Ryan a new hat from The Children's Place for $2.97...can't beat that : ). Then we hit Babies'R'Us and I got Brooke a couple outfits for next summer in size 12 months (hopefully they fit) and a sleep positioner for her to sleep on that would keep her on a slight incline (she ended up sliding right down off of it all night and we took it back the next day).


Friday we went to Hands-On House in the early afternoon. There was a pretty big group of us....Me, Doug, Ryan, my parents, my sister, Bev, and Bev's ex-daughter-in-law and her daughter (who I think is 6.5?) and 2 year old son. It was a lot of fun! Pics coming later. Late afternoon, Diane and I headed back over to the mall for her to return some lip rings she bought and then to Babies'R'Us so I could return the sleep positioner. I also got Brooke 2 more outfits. Friday night, we went to play mini-golf. I almost didn't go because Brooke was sooo fussy (the story of our evenings lately), but I was talked in to it. I put her in the sling and she was good for awhile, but I ended up leaving halfway through to go feed her. Ryan had a blast and has been asking to go play again ever since : ).


Saturday was mostly a "lazy" day. Except about 3:30, Doug, my sister, and I went to Target. We got Ryan a couple pairs of shorts (one camo pair, like his daddy always wears) and a pair of jeans for school and Brooke a couple sleepers. I also got another pair of flip flops exactly like the pair I got there last year that were now shot. YAY : ). On the way back, we stopped at Sonic and Ryan and I got Cream Slushes and Doug and Diane got Sonic Blasts. We don't have a Sonic! Not even in Altoona (an hour away) where a lot of the stores/restaurants we don't have are (KMart, Target, Olive Garden, etc.). That night, Bev had a cookout and had some other people over. We ended up making a run to Rita's (another place we don't have) for Italian ice (I got a gelati....yum) and Dairy Queen.


Sunday was the day we left to come home. We got a later start than planned because we were waiting for Brooke to finish eating. Then we got lost on our way to get on to the turnpike and that added an extra 40 minutes or so to our trip. Not long after getting on to the turnpike, it started raining. More like pouring...buckets. And it was SO freaking windy. We had to cross a bridge over the Susquehanna River. It was so windy that the car kept getting blown. Doug said, "What the heck is this? A tornado?" and I yelled at him to shut up, lol. (My dad said later that he pretty much said the same thing to my mom and told her to keep an eye out.) I was SO, SO scared. And we couldn't pull over while on the bridge. Right after crossing the bridge, the driver's side wiper blade SNAPPED! Thank God there was an underpass right ahead that Doug was able to pull under and thank God he was able to switch the passenger's side blade over to the driver's side so he could see to drive. It didn't rain too much longer after that. By the time we'd been driving about 2.5 hours, Brooke was ready to eat again. We stopped at a rest stop and took a pee break and fed her and then it was a straight shot home. We got home about 20 'til 8. It's good to be home, but I miss everyone already! Ryan has been asking to go back before we even got home. LOL. He had a blast.


I guess that wasn't really a nutshell, but oh well! I'll try to get pics up soon.


P.S. We now have an 8lb. (2oz.) baby, as of yesterday!!


More later.

2 comments:

Dani said...

8lbs2oz! YAY! She's getting so big!!!

I'm glad you had a good trip!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you were visiting exactly where we live (I'm pretty sure....were you at the park city mall? Rockvale and Tanger outlets? Dutch wonderland with sonic next to it?) It sounds like you had a good time and 8lbs! That's great!