Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update time

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! It seems these days a lot of times when I'm sitting at the computer, I'm holding a fussy, squirmy baby. I'm behind on emails and everything. I'm really sorry I haven't gotten any new pictures up yet! I have some to post now. I'm going to TRY to be better!


On to the kids. Brooke is still eating like a little piggy. I honestly can't even remember if I posted her last weight (and don't feel like going to look), but last Wednesday the home health nurse made her last visit and she was 8lbs. 4oz. I know she's pushing 9lbs. now! And starting to get some chub on her, which I LOVE ; ). She is driving us absolutely insane in the evenings, usually between 8 and 10, but sometimes she starts sooner. I don't know of it's colic or gas or what, but it SUCKS. It's hard to get her calmed down at times and even if we are able to, it doesn't usually last long. She's been asleep by 11 most nights, but the past few mornings has not wanted to go back to sleep after drinking her early morning bottle. This morning she was up from 3:30 to almost 5:30. :::yawn:::


Ryan had a dentist appointment yesterday. It was his 3rd time going. The first time, I was allowed back with him and the dentist just looked in his mouth quick. Ryan screamed. The last time, in January, he went back by himself and it was just a quick look and I believe they brushed his teeth. He screamed again. Yesterday he had his first cleaning, fluoride, and exam and he did awesome! Cooperated so well and didn't make a peep : ). I was/am SO proud of him! He got a good report from the dentist. I always worry a little because his teeth *are discolored from being a preemie. It's funny, though...his front teeth especially have actually gotten LESS yellow the older he gets : ). Hopefully his permanent teeth weren't affected, but we won't know until they come in.


He asks to go to school nearly EVERY day. I found out yesterday that his first day back is August 19th, the day before his birthday! He also asks nearly every day to "go to Ryan's birthday party". LOL. He is so excited for that! He's already telling people he's 5. LOL!


Okay, here's some pictures! I have more (older ones) that I'll hopefully get up tomorrow!


July 16
I LOVE this outfit.

July 18
Taking a bath is sometimes the ONLY thing that will calm her down (for a little while) in the evenings.

July 20
She outgrew her newborn Proraps! She now fits in to the smalls!

July 20
Dressed for church. We went for the first time in 4 years on Sunday!

July 21
Sacked out on the chair the other night.

July 21
In one of my many baby carriers, the Beco Obi.

July 22
Ryan playing basketball on my mom and dad's deck. I have NO idea what gave him the idea to stand in the clothes basket. LOL.

July 22
Hanging out on my mom and dad's couch yesterday.

July 23
Getting some nakie time today. Look at the chub she's getting : ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead Brooke. Her thighs, arms and tummy are getting chunky!!

Anonymous said...

She is getting sooo big and healthy!! Same to say RYAN is!! What a big happy boy!!!

Love Holly

Mrs Swan said...

She is so friggen adorable!!! :) Ryan is pretty cute too LOL