Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finally

Yesterday was the first day since April 30th that my throat has not hurt! YAY! Having a sore throat really sucks. It's been a looong time since I'd had one and I forgot how yucky they are. Everyone is pretty much healthy here now, finally, and I am hoping and praying it stays that way! We have a lot of things going on in the next month.

Thursday I have to take Ryan for his kindergarten readiness screening. I am extremely nervous about him being in a regular mainstreamed classroom next year and I just pray that it all works out.

On Sunday, we have my cousin Hayley's birthday party. She turned 7 on the 5th (I think) and it's easy for me to remember how old she is because she is one month older than Zachary. His birthday is coming up on June 3rd.

On the 22nd, we leave for NC for a long weekend and I am dreading it. Eight to ten hours in the car with an almost 6 year old and an almost 14 month old is NOT my idea of a good time. Doug's cousin, Kyle, is getting married and we were invited. We'll be staying at his aunt and uncle's house, so we don't have to worry about paying for a hotel. Doug's mom, dad, and oldest brother, his wife, and their 2 boys are also going. His aunt and uncle come up here to visit about every year or so and two years ago, Doug's mom and dad took a trip down to see everyone. But Doug and his brothers haven't seen their cousins since their Grandma died 11 years ago. I've never even met his cousins, only seen pictures. So everyone is pretty excited. It will be nice to see everyone, but I am absolutely positively DREADING the car ride. And part of that does have to do with just the idea of being IN the car for that long and fear of getting in an accident. This used to be a HUGE thing for me and I've gotten a lot better, but the longer the trip, the worse I am : /.

On June 3rd is Zachary's birthday, like I mentioned before. We'll take flowers and maybe balloons to the cemetary that day and take some pictures. It's the only day I visit the cemetary. I don't feel the need to go there because I know only his body is there, not his soul or spirit. Some people like to go to the cemetary because they feel close to their loved one that way, but I've never been like that.

June 5th is my father-in-law's birthday and also our oldest nephew Tyler's birthday. Tyler becomes a teenager this year! So hard to believe. Whenever Doug and I started dating, Tyler was just about to turn 3 and his brother Cameron was about to turn 1. It just doesn't seem like it's been THAT long.

Then on the 7th of June, we have my cousin Tiffany's college graduation party.

It is going to be a busy month!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow girl, you are going to be BUSY! If you have a portable DVD player, take it with you for the long drive. I also take a potty chair when we make a long drive because my little one can't always hold it until we make it to a rest area. Glad to hear that everyone is finally feeling better. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe trip.