Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thanks, Mom!

Thursday morning, I left Brooke with my mom for a half an hour while I took Ryan for his kindergarten screening and in that time, my mom taught Brooke how to shake her head "no". She sure hears it enough, to know what it means! Now my sweet, petite, not-quite-14 month old tells me "no" when she doesn't want to do something : P. Oh, who am I kidding? "Sweet" would not be the first word I would use to describe Brooke. Not that she *isn't sweet, but the first words that come to mind when I think of her are ornery, feisty, and FUN/FUNNY. She doesn't play the sweet card too often. She really does make life SO much fun, though : ). Back to the "no" thing. I first experienced her telling me "no" yesterday morning when it was time to change her diaper. I sat down on the floor with a diaper, rash cream, and vaseline next to me and she started heading for the vaseline. I reached out for her and she stopped in her tracks, looked at me and smiled, and shook her head "no". LOL. Admittedly, it was way cute : X. She told me again at lunchtime when she was done eating. And again last night at my aunt's house when she was "stealing" licks from my/her cousin's popsicle and had had enough. So I would just like to thank my mom for teaching my daughter how to talk back already ; ). LOL. Payback, I'm sure!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! Cute :)