Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doctor Visit



Does that look like a sick baby or what? : (

I decided to call the doctor's office this morning to see about getting Brooke in. Last night she started wheezing some and it continued on and off this morning and her cough just sounds terrible. It's not like any Ryan's ever had. It's like a high pitched, short "bark" and you can tell it hurts her to cough. She's not really coughing much at all, but when she does, it sounds bad. Between that and her fever coming and going, I figured it was better to just have her checked out.

The doctor said she has tracheal bronchitis and wants me to give her breathing treatments 3-4 times a day and call him if she's not better in a day or two or if she develops stridor and it doesn't get better by taking her out in the cold air. I'm really hoping the treatments do the trick and she doesn't get any worse. I'm also hoping maybe somehow she'll sleep a bit better tonight. Last night was terrible. She was up at least once every hour. I had her in bed with me, but the only way I could get her to go back to sleep was to sit up and rock her. She wasn't even hardly coughing, she was just so restless and kept waking up crying : (.

We could really use some get well soon vibes and restful sleep vibes over this way, please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my prayers are with you guys. I hope everyone gets well and stays well.

Dani said...

I hope everyon eis feeling better!!!




and read this.. http://mylifewithchildren.blogspot.com/2009/03/thank-you-thank-you.html

Anonymous said...

oh no!!! Is she any better? Poor thing :(