Monday, March 30, 2009

T-I-R-E-D...and a little annoyed

Last night sucked. Brooke went to bed at 8:30. I went to bed at 11, but couldn't fall asleep because it was SO windy and the noise bothers me. I drifted off sometime between 11:30 and midnight. Brooke decided at midnight that it was time to wake up. I tried giving her blanket to her, but that didn't work. So I took her in bed and rocked her to sleep and laid her down and 2 minutes later she woke up again. I laid her in bed beside me and she immediately at up and started smiling and tried to get me to play. Very odd for her! I thought maybe she was hungry because she didn't drink much of her bottle before bed, so I made her a bottle. It was 12:30 then. She drank a few ounces and I got her to sleep. I laid her in her crib and she woke up at 20 after one. I tried putting her in bed with me again, but she was wide awake. So then I tried putting her in her crib and turning her crib toy on (lights up and plays music) and thought maybe she'd drift off to sleep. Nope. Got her out of her crib and she drank a little bit more of her bottle and I finally got her to go to sleep again at about 2:00. Laid her down beside me instead of in her crib and went to lay down myself and smelled it. Yes, she pooped. In the middle of the night. So weird. Of course then I had to WAKE HER UP to change her! GRRRRR. And then I had to rock her to sleep again, which took until almost 2:30. I figured maybe, for some odd ODD reason, she'd woken up because she had to poop (and maybe her belly was bothering her, even though she wasn't fussy). This time I laid her in her crib...and she stayed asleep. Whew. By this time, I felt like I was wide awake and did not fall asleep again until 3:00. The kids were both up at 7. UGH.

And I am a little annoyed. We go to Sears for the kids' pictures. I LOVE the one lady there, who happens to be the manager (sometimes she gives us deals just because she can : )), so we always request her. She just does so good with the kids. When I picked Brooke's 9 month pictures up, they told me if I scheduled the next appointment that I'd get 2 free sheets at that visit. So I went ahead and scheduled Brooke's 1 year pics for on her birthday, this past Thursday. At the end of the week before, I called in to see if it would be possible to get Mary to do them, but she wasn't going to be there that day. So I rescheduled for today at 5:30. They called this morning to tell me that she wouldn't be in today because of a family emergency, but she would be there all day tomorrow and wanted to know if I wanted to come in anyway or reschedule. I rescheduled. This happened for her 9 month pictures, too, except then it was because the day before we had a bad ice storm and Mary wasn't able to get home (she lives over an hour away), so she stayed with someone here overnight and the next day she just wanted to get home to see her daughter because she missed her. That day, I just said the heck with it and went in anyway. Brooke did good for the other lady, but we tried to get Ryan and Brooke together and this lady just could not get them to cooperate. I think we'll have better luck with Mary. I want to try to get them together again, as well as her 1st birthday pics, so I decided to reschedule and hope Mary has success, lol. I'm not annoyed at Mary...I'm just annoyed in general. I was hoping to go and get these done tonight, but now we have to wait. Oh well. Hopefully the wait will be worth it!

So there are my vents for the day. I need a nap!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds like a rough night. I am the same way once I've been up an hour, it'll take me an hour to fall back asleep.

JBGRIGS said...

sorry you had a rough night (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Ugh Jen that stinks! Olivia has also pooped in the middle of the night before too... only I didn't know about it until hours later :( Her poor bum was so raw and she had a hard time falling back to sleep after that. I hope for your sake, this was a one time thing with Brooke!