Friday, July 17, 2009

I officially suck...

...at keeping up with this blog lately! I don't know what my problem is. We went away last weekend, like I mentioned in this post, to visit my mom's very good friend, Bev, that she's known since before I was born. She's closer than most of my (extended) family ; ). We used to go visit every summer when I was a kid (she lives 3 hours away in Lancaster) and then stopped around the time I graduated H.S. for various reasons. Now this was our 3rd year out 4 (we missed summer '07) going down and I'm so happy we're making it a tradition again : ). We fit a lot in while we were there, including getting to meet up with a couple moms from the cloth diaper message board I post on and their kids (and one of their hubbies). We also went to a huge flea market and we played mini golf and visited a huge outlet center with tons of stores. The kids were really good while we were there and they had fun : ). We were there from Thursday afternoon to Monday afternoon. I was ready to get home to my own bed and shower, but other than that was not ready to leave!

Brooke has 2 new teeth on the bottom starting to poke through. She had a couple rough nights from them and LOTS of drool, but otherwise is handling it like a trooper. She is walking a lot, but not all the time and hasn't figured out how to stand up in the middle of the floor yet. She's still getting a bottle and refusing the sippy cup, but soon I think I'm going to try to be a little firmer with her and not give in when she refuses to drink....and stock up on watermelon to give her because she loves it and so she'll stay hydrated, lol. This child LOVES to eat and sometimes I swear would just keep eating until you stop feeding her, lol. If you're feeding her, she's happy and if you take food from her, LOOK OUT! (Sound familiar, Heather? LOL.)

Ryan is.....Ryan. We've really been struggling with him lately and his behavior. He's VERY defiant and difficult 80% of the time. He rarely eats a meal without fighting about it. He is mean to Brooke out of nowhere. He argues about anything and everything. Then sometimes he can just be so loving and sweet and well-behaved. You never know what you're going to get with him.

No pictures this time. Our desktop 'puter got a virus and is out of commission (maybe permanently). PLEASE pray I can at least get my pics off of there : /. I have a year's worth on there. I've been procrastinating on saving them to a disc...ooooops : (. It's more of a pain to get my pics from my camera on to the laptop and I haven't done it yet, with our trip pictures. I'm way behind on posting pics already. I might get to it someday : P.

2 comments:

Sarah-Lynn and Andrew's mom said...

Are you sure your not getting my two confused with Ryan??? Because this is exactly the same way that my two are behaving and treating each other.

I don't know what it is going to be like from one minute to the next.

Heather K said...

Should we start the wedding fund for Brooke and Logan now? Or wait... if opposites attract then they'd probably hate each other since they're so much alike. Those two would be TROUBLE together, lol!