Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Word-FULL Wednesday

Sorry, no pics today, just an overdue update!! I've been majorly slacking in the blogging department : /.

Brooke had her one year check up on the 11th. Nothing much to report other than she weighed 17lbs. 11oz (in just a dry diaper). And you know, I *just realized they never gave me her height and weight percentiles! Hmmm, guess I'll have to look them up myself. She got 2 shots that day and I took her back this past Monday for 2 more. Now she is all caught up until 18 months : ). Monday she weighed 18lbs. 8oz. (fully clothed, wearing shorts and a tank top). I can't believe she finally made 18lbs.! It was sad Monday...she remembered getting her shots 2 1/2 weeks ago, so she started screaming bloody murder before the nurse even touched her :*(. She is fine now, though ; ).

Our swimming pool (one of those smallish frame ones) has been up since the middle of May and I was getting super annoyed that it hadn't been hot enough or the water warm enough to swim in it yet. So last Wednesday night we went to Walmart and bought a tiny wading pool for the kids to splash around in. So wouldn't you know it, Thursday it got to be almost 90 out and the pool water was 72, so we finally got to swim! Ryan freaked out at first, but then got used to it once he realized he could easily reach the bottom and walk around in it. Brooke whimpered and whined a couple times, but mostly loved it : ). Pics coming later!

I have some exciting news to share! Brooke is walking now! Not fulltime, but she is walking a little more each day. She starts off walking and then when she falls, she just crawls. It is SO, SO cute to see her toddling around : ). Here, I'll try to post a link to a video of her walking, but I'm not sure if it will work or not! This was taken last week, on my parents' deck (that's them...well, my dad anyway, in the video)...she's walking a lot steadier now : ). I'll have to try to get an updated video up if this one works!

We are taking Ryan on the 24th of this month to the Child Development Unit in Pittsburgh (Children's Hospital) to get him evaluated. There are some behaviors and things that are starting to make me/us wonder if it's maybe not all prematurity related, like maybe Asperger's syndrome and/or autism and/or ADD and/or I don't know. I actually don't have time to get in to it all right now, but hopefully someday soon I'll post more about it. I'll definitely update after the appointment!

Next weekend we will be out of town. We're going to visit a very close family friend, "Aunt" Bev, that my mom has known since before I was born. My parents and sister and her boyfriend are going as well. Bev lives about 3 hours away in Lancaster. We're leaving Thursday afternoon and will be home sometime Monday. It should be fun!

Brooke has hit another small milestone. She now points to everything and babbles. She mostly points to things she knows she's not allowed to have, like the remote. LOL. It's super cute : ).

Well, I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but there's at least some of what I wanted to update any readers I still have on ; ). I'm hoping to post some new pics sometime soon!

1 comment:

Sarah-Lynn and Andrew's mom said...

Jen, I am going through alot of the same thing with the kids behavior that you seem to be going through with Ryan. The ped even said that he feels if it continues like it has then an ADHD diagnosis isn't out of the question.

In some of the reading I have done it has said that ADD/ADHD is more common in preemies then full term kids.
Wishing you luck in all of this, because it is making me quesiton my value as a parent sometimes.
Love ya.
Molly