Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My brave boy!

Ryan's follow up sedated eye exam is coming up Monday. Yesterday I had to take him to the pediatrician for his pre-op. physical. He just saw the nurse practitioner and when she came in, she was looking over his chart and asked about his vaccines that he still needs. I knew he needed them and planned on getting them soon, but I didn't think it would be brought up at yesterday's visit. She asked if I just wanted him to get them then and I figured we might as well get it over with. I was nervous and felt bad, though, because I didn't get to give Ryan any warning before the appointment. I told him he was going to be getting 2 shots and it would only hurt for a minute. He kept saying he wanted zero shots : (. I was prepared for a total screamfest like last year when he got his flu shot. The nurse came in to give them and he got on my lap with no problem. He was watching what she was doing and we told him to look at the big plastic jar of little toys that he could pick out of when he was done. She was smart and gave him the less painful one first and he didn't even flinch! He let out a tiny gasp and that was it. The 2nd one was one that burns and she warned me (spelled it out quickly), so I really thought he would cry, but he didn't! He tried so hard to keep from crying and just let out some little gasps. It was so cute (but sad)! I told him how proud I was of him and he was soooo proud of himself : ). We hit the vending machine when we left for some M&M's ; ).

After the appointment, he went to my aunt's house to spend the night. He loves playing with her granddaughters (who her and my uncle adopted), Jade (almost 9) and Hayley (7).

2 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

WTG Ryan :)

JBGRIGS said...

BTW stop by my blog and ask me anything.
http://myguyry05.blogspot.com/2009/07/ask-me-anything.html