Sunday, March 9, 2008

25 week update

Here are the pics of the ever growing baby belly (taken yesterday)!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Things seem to still be going well. I had a teeny, tiny bit of that brown spotting/discharge Friday morning and yesterday morning...none yet today. I didn't even freak out about it this time ; ). LOL. Overall I'm feeling really good, just a little tired because it's getting harder to stay comfy while sleeping. I usually wake up because whatever side/hip/leg I'm laying on starts to get sore and then I realize I have to pee....or maybe I wake up because I have to pee and then realize I'm sore....who knows? LOL. I get up and pee and flip over and then about 2-2.5 hours later I do it all again. I feel Brooke move so often now and some of her movements are so strong. According to some websites she should be around 2lbs. and 13-14in. now! I can't imagine what she'll feel like with another pound or more on her, but I hope I get to find out! Only 3 weeks to go until I'll feel a lot better about delivering her and only 7 more weeks until I'll feel a TON better about it. And only 12 weeks left until I'll "have" to deliver her, if she's not here already. It's still a little hard for me to imagine making it to 37 weeks, BUT I do feel confident about at *least 28 weeks : ).

Ryan's coming home outfit was a Peter Rabbit velour-like white footed romper (bunny feet) with blue bunnies on it and a light blue long sleeve onesie. I started thinking it would be cute to have Brooke come home in a Peter Rabbit outfit, too....but I don't feel like searching high and low for one. Then I found this at Walmart the other night. It's not Peter Rabbit, but it's adorable, and it should work unless it's extremely hot out that day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got preemie size because the general consensus seems to be that most full term babies fit in preemie right off the bat (unless they're HUGE) and Brooke will be at least 3 weeks early, so probably/hopefully only 6-7lbs. This is something she'll only wear one time and I want it to fit well : ). I'll probably get a little pink headband to go with it if it will fit her little head.

I thought I would be more nervous than I am about delivering early....like pre-28 weeks early, but I don't really feel like that's going to happen AND I also feel, at this point, that every day/week further I make it is a small victory : ). I am SO thankful to now be 25 weeks (1 day) pregnant!!

P.S. My next doctor's appointment is Wednesday at 1:15pm!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Isabella was 4.5 weeks early and was 5.12. She was a slow grower, and didn't even fit in to preemie stuff...she wore my old doll clothes my mom had made for the first couple weeks! Diego was 8.8, and fit in to preemie stuff, so did Aidan, at 8.10, each for about a month. I think mostly because they were so short (all 3 were between 18-19 inches) I shoved them in their going home outfit as long as they fit in it, lol.

Anonymous said...

YAY I keep checking for updates and was starting to get worried about you and Brooke! Great job mommy keep up the good baking!!


Holly

JBGRIGS said...

You look great. The outfit is so cute. I will continue to pray that you keep Brooke baking :)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! I'm excited that you are far enough along to experience those night time pregnancy issues! LOL. Both of my girls wore preemie size for about 2 weeks. They were 7-6 and 7-9, 19 and 19.5 inches. :)