Thursday, March 27, 2008

Quick Update

I'm really tired, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet : ). For those that don't know, Brooke Elizabeth was born yesterday (3/26) at 27 weeks 4 days after a week long fight with preterm labor. We *almost made it to 28 weeks. She was born at 9:52pm and was 2lb. 10oz. and 15in. A GREAT size for not even 28 weeks. Right now she's only on nasal cannula at 28% (room air is 21%). She's been breathing fast on and off, though, and may end up on CPAP (one step up from nasal cannula), but it's wonderful she hasn't needed the ventilator and hopefully she won't. She's also on the bili blanket for jaundice (common preemie thing). She's also had a few apnea spells and if those keep up, they'll give her some caffeine to help.


I'm doing pretty well recovering from my c-section. I'm really sore, but every time I get up and move around it gets a little easier. I should be discharged on Saturday and I can't wait (other than the fact it means "leaving" Brooke).


So that's the update for now. Probably once I get home, I'll post a full birth story! And some pics!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I am so happy that she's doing good. :o) Praise the Lord!!She is just adorable. Looks really good.
Patricia

Sadie said...

Congrats on your undoubtedly gorgeous baby girl! I can't wait to see pix.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jen!! You and your family are in my thoughts!!
Kristie

jenn said...

congrats jen!! i'm glad she's doing so well!! :D

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm glad she is doing well so far and hope it continues!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm thrilled she's doing so well!!! All the "old" gals send their best wishes!!!

Georg