Friday, March 14, 2008

Trip to L&D...

*TMI ALERT*
Oh my, what an afternoon/evening. I went to the bathroom this afternoon around 2:15 and had a huge, thick, nasty glob of mucous. I immediately called the doctor's office and told them I thought I lost my plug and they told me to come in to L&D to be monitored. (I've had lots of mucous-y discharge this pregnancy, but this was NOTHING like that. I still shudder thinking about it.) I got Ryan ready and Doug's dad came and got him. Doug was about ready to leave work anyway, but I called and gave him a heads up. I got to L&D and I gave a urine sample and they hooked me up to the monitors. Brooke's heartrate was fine...in the 150s mainly. I was having some contractions here and there. My doctor was out of town, but one of the other doctors in the practice (same one I saw with my m/c) came to see me. He did an exam and the cerclage was still there. I asked him about my mucous plug and never really did get a clear answer on whether or not I *had lost it, but he did say that losing it does not necessarily mean labor is coming. He also said it was normal to have more mucous in the days following an exam (which I just had on Wednesday...but I still think this was different and I actually haven't been having much discharge the past couple days). In the meantime, my urine results came back and it turns out I have a UTI so they got me some antibiotics for that. My contractions were VERY irregular and you could definitely see that there were more when my bladder would start to fill up. So for the next couple days I'm supposed to stay off my feet except to go to the bathroom and drink lots and pee lots (well, those last 2 things will be ongoing, lol). It's been almost an hour and a half since my last contraction, so that's good. I'm still a bit freaked out about the possible mucous plug (although I've been told by a few people they can grow back), but the doctor and nurse didn't seem concerned, so I'll try not to worry about it. I'm obviously supposed to go in if I start having regular contractions or bleeding or anything like that. So for now, all seems to be well : ). Thank God!!!

1 comment:

Dani said...

{{{{{Jen}}}}}} Take it easy and keep cooking that sweet little girl!!!