Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Prayers Needed

Last night I noticed a bit of pink mucous on the T.P. when I wiped. Then this morning I had more of it. I figured it could be from the UTI, but decided to call the doctor to be sure. He wanted me to come in since I have the cerclage. Good thing I did. It turns out my cervix is thinning and that's what the discharge is from. He said it's normal for the cervix to start thinning out further in the pregnancy, but obviously in my case it could mean labor is coming. Not necessarily soon, though. But after the incident Friday and possibly/probably losing at least part of my mucous plug coupled with this has me pretty concerned. I'm now on bedrest and he also prescribed me a medication (procardia) to keep the uterus relaxed. My wonderful mom is coming to help out as much as possible while Doug is at work :*). I'm really trying not to freak out too badly, but it's hard. I'm very, very nervous, though. Praying I can make it at least to the 29th when I hit 28 weeks. But at least we've made it 3 weeks further already. I'll keep you posted....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you sweetie I know you can do it just keep your goals small and keep redoing them to keep your spirits up ya know? One day at a time! You know the preemie saying! Keep up with TONS of water or cranjuice but NOTHING else for right now. Water is the main thing. Procardia will help but if you feel you need hospitalization DO SO it could give you the extra time you need. Take it very easy and treat it as if you were already in the hospital. Best of luck I will keep checking in daily with you sweets!

Holly

Crystal said...

Keep those feet up!! I am praying for you, I think you will make it to 28 weeks, I am praying for 34 for you. Keep your leggs crossed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen I will definitely keep you and miss Brooke in my T&P's. I know you're stressing right now but try not to, it could make things worse.
I was on some kind of medicine (this was 8 yrs ago so I forgot the name) when I was pregnant with one of my non-preemie babies and I carried her to 38 weeks, so I'm praying that this will happen for you. Like someone else had said if you feel the need for hospitalization do it. It could add those extra days, shoot even extra weeks! GL, I'll check in everyday to see how you're doing.
Dawn
from the preemie board

Dani said...

{{{{Jen}}}}} Hang in there!!! A girl from the June 07 board was on procardia to keep her twins cooking longer and she made it, so I have faith that you will too!! You're in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, hopefully she can keep cooking a bit longer! I was on procardia with Dantae, and it helped...just let your doc know if you start feeling more contractions so they can up the dose...we had to do that twice before using other drugs...update when you can!!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Jen, My prayers are with you, keep those feet up!!! Hoping that Brooke stays in the oven for a while longer!!! Well keep us posted, when you can.... Wishing you all of the best.. And my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Heather

Stacey said...

Stay put, Brooke! Praying that you get a few more weeks to cook that baby, Jen.

Anonymous said...

you're in our thoughts and prayers..keep her cookin' a little longer. stay off your feet. (((((hugs)))))))

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Our mutual friend Janna, told me of your situation, and you have my Prayers that all goes well with Baby Brooke(Beautiful name by the way)and that your Baby stays inside as long as possible and that when the time comes that you have your beautiful daughter to hold in your arms and to love Her as much as you do your Son,
God Be with you and your Family as you endure this trial, my prayers are with you.
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Jen, just wanted you to know MANY people are sending good thoughts and prayers your way!
((((((Jen))))))

~ Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen! I am praying for you and your precious baby! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Jen need a update!!!


HOLLY

Anonymous said...

Jen I hope today finds you and Brooke well and still PG. My prayers and thouts are with you guys!

Katt

Crystal said...

Hey girl Been getting some short updates from others on the aol boards, glad you are still Baking Brooke. Still praying for all of you!!