Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Almost 26 weeks...

I had my appointment this afternoon...just a regular checkup, no ultrasound. First I saw the midwife (love her!). She's actually the one that did my exam. She took a peek at my cervix and saw the discharge (that I'm *still having since Friday). She swabbed some out to culture, just in case. She saw and also felt the cerclage and said that my cervix didn't feel thin or dilated. YAY! I questioned her about the discharge. She said most pregnant women do have an increase in discharge and that with mine being brown it probably indicates old blood and that it could just be from the cerclage. Even though I know it apparently isn't anything bad, I still hate it. It's so annoying! But if that's the worst thing I have to deal with this pregnancy I'll consider myself lucky : ). The midwife also measured my belly (which I have never had done before) and checked Brooke's heart rate (I forgot to ask what it was). The doctor came in briefly. I told him about the discharge and he just questioned me on if I've had any bleeding or foul odor and I told him no for both. I asked him if he was concerned with my cervical length and he said I should be good as long as my cervix isn't opening. I do get another cervical length ultrasound in 2 weeks, though. All in all it was a pretty uneventful (and fast) appointment : ). Before my next appointment I have to get my glucose testing done. Should be interesting to experience that for the first time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Deal Sweetie!! I am glad she is behaving!! How happy are you to be at atleast 26 weeks!! Just 2 more weeks until your next goal of 28 weeks!! YAY! Good luck sweetie keep up the fluids and keep up your feet!! Rest and nap and eat well!!


Holly

Anonymous said...

You are going to get to experience some of these later pregnancy things. Yay!!