Saturday, March 29, 2008

What you've all been waiting for...

PICTURES!


These ones here were taken the night she was born. She was about 2 1/2 hours old. Sorry, they're not the best quality.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And these were taken yesterday afternoon. I think she's changed a lot already!
Photobucket
I still LOVE her profile : ).

Photobucket
Being shy.

Photobucket
She finally moved her hand.

Photobucket
Here I am with her. Definitely NOT the best pic of me, lol.

Photobucket
And here is her bed space. Her isolette is so cool. They're called Giraffes. They adjust up and down with pedals and the whole top goes up and then you can lower the sides to make the bed completely open. They also adjust their temperature according to baby's temperature (she wears a little probe), so that the bed stays just right.

We went over to the NICU to see her today before I went home. She was on 23% oxygen, so still doing very well. It was time to do her little assessment, so the nurse let me hold her arm still while her B.P. was taken and then she asked if I wanted to change her diaper! I was surprised I was "allowed" already. Of course I jumped on that. And of course I made her cry. LOL. She didn't cry for long, though. Then the nurse had me scoop her up and move her up in her little "nest" because she had slid down. It was awesome :*). Her nurse said she's actually really tolerant because a lot of the babies cry every time you bother them. Brooke does cry, but not a lot. She's so cute. I'm so in love with her already :*).

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!!
I am glad to hear she is still doing well.

Anonymous said...

She looks so good!!! I'm so glad that she's doing so well! Congrats Mama!

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

Congratulations Jen & family!!!! I'm thinking lots of good positive thoughts for Brooke, she's just beautiful!!! :*)

Dani said...

She's beautiful, Jen!! Congrats! I'm definitely sending prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

She is just darling! Congrats to you all and prayers she is home with you soon.

Crystal said...

Congrats Jen she is so pretty!! I haven't been online in a few days so I just found out you had Brooke, but you did a great job growing her, and I know you will do fine going back and fourth to her and ryan, Just be sure to rest so you can heal too. Any way, she looks great, I am praying for a short NICU stay.

Anonymous said...

Jen!! I am just now reading everything for the first time tonight been working a ton! I am so glad she is here and safe and OMG how adorable is she!! Did you think she would have all that HAIR!! She was SUCH a good weight!! I bet you are just glowing you did such a great job keeping her in ALMOST 28 weeks how GREAT is that!! You really inspire me hun!! If you can do it I sure will try! She is a doll!! What is it like not having a baby on a vent and a good weight??? Basically a feeder grower??? I bet you both are just as happy as ever! I hope she smooths thru it and grows fast and is home where she belongs quickly!

HOLLY!!

Anonymous said...

You did great, but we knew you would! She is beautiful! And she is doing so well! I bet she makes it through without even needing to be intubated just like Hallex did. Everyone of so proud and happy for you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW! She's beautiful! And she's grown so much in just a few days. I'm so glad she's doing alright. I can't wait to see more pics and the day we see the post that she's coming home. Congrats and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Sadie said...

She is sooo precious!! I can't wait to see her plump up and get to go home with you!

Anonymous said...

oh wow Jen!! She looks GREAT!! She is so beautiful with all that hair! I am so jealous none of my girls had hair until after a year!! lol..Did a good job mom!!! BTW, You look the best even on your worst days! I am sooo happy!!! This is awesome!! You TOTALLY ROCK!!!!

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Awwww she is so precious Jen :*) So perfect! And hair??!!! Wow!!
Congrats again and I'll keep her in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

She looks so good Jen!! Brayden was 4 weeks older than her when he was born and a pound more and she looks every bit the size he was when he was born. She looks awesome! Won't be too long before she is doing amazing things. Besides we all know preemie girls do much better than preemie boys. Congratulations!
Rochelle

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Jen :) I'm so glad she's doing well.

Sarah-Michelle
(AOL CD board)

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! Lots of continued thoughts for your family :)

Anonymous said...

Jen! Congratulations and Welcome to the world, Baby Brooke! She is just beautiful and looks rather "plump". She has such sweet features! I hope you post lots of pics as she grows, I can't wait to see how she changes and watch her thrive!(((((((hugs)))))))) How is Ryan doing with all of this?

Hang in there and I'll keep checking for updates. I've been thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Brooke is BEAUTIFUL and you look really good too Jen!! Still thinking of you!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! And you look good! Hope Ryan makes the transition ok with you trying to be in 2 places at once. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah sorry--that last comment was me!

Georg

JBGRIGS said...

Congrats Jen. Your daughter is beautiful. I'm glad that she is doing well. I hope things continue to get better and she is home with you very soon :)