Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm going home

Today I'll be discharged from the hospital, which is bittersweet. On the one hand, I get to go home and see Ryan and spend some much needed time with him since I've hardly seen him the past 10 days or so. On the other hand, it means "leaving" Brooke, but at least we don't live far from the hospital and at least she's stable. Now it will get interesting splitting time between the hospital and Ryan, plus getting everything done at home that needs done. It's about 8:45am and I'm just waiting for the doctor to get here to discharge me. Of course we'll be going to visit Brooke before we leave. Once I get home I'll be able to post some pics! And eventually a birth story. Stay tuned ; ).


I called the NICU this morning and Brooke was still doing the same, on 26% oxygen (she's been bouncing between about 25 and 28%). I guess her blood gases were a little off this morning and the nurse practitioner was looking at them when I called, so they may need to make some changes with the oxygen or put her on CPAP. I'll know more later! She's been having some A's (apnea ~ forgetting to breathe) and B's (bradycardia ~ heartrate drops), so they put her on caffeine to help. A's and B's are totally normal for her gestation and they said they would be surprised if she *weren't having them. Sometimes she recovers on her own and sometimes she needs stimulated. She's also on a bili blanket to help with jaundice (also totally normal for a preemie). So overall, she's behaving just how she should be for an almost 28 weeker : ).

No comments: