Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy 10 Months, Brooke!

Another month has come and gone. Only two months away from the big "ONE". So hard to believe....


Brooke is working on becoming (more) mobile! She now gets up on her hands and knees. She also has been working very hard on (somewhat) gracefully going from sitting to all fours. And I think she's getting pretty close to being able to get up in to a sitting position on her own. She will army crawl short distances, but only if there's something somewhat close that she REALLY wants. Otherwise she just rolls to get to where she wants to go. Hey, whatever works, right? ; )


I just updated on her eating in my post from earlier today, so we'll skip most of that. I do want to add that she LOVES the Gerber Fruit Puffs and does great with them. She can pick them up in her fist, but hasn't yet figured out how to get them in to her mouth from there, lol. (So we put them in her mouth for her, but let her practice with them, too.) It will be nice when she figures out the pincher grasp! She loves baby food and has eaten a good bit of table food recently, too...she definitely prefers that. You can no longer eat in front of her without giving her either something off your plate or a fruit puff or cracker, etc.


She is a social little creature and loves attention! She's a big flirt and is always smiling and squealing at people. She absolutely lights up whenever she sees her Daddy....and Ryan, too! Yes, I think I come in 3rd in her world, lol. Well, sometimes anyway.


She loves to be down on the floor to roll around and play now. Unless she's tired. Then she's very clingy!


She's made me want to rip my hair out at times, but I can't remember what life was like without her! : )


On to the pics!






3 comments:

Susan Holt said...

She's so bueatiful Jen :) I do most of my reading on this page for your updates .... thats why I don't respond much in the loop. I can't believe its so close to already being a year. What a big girl!!! =D Happy TEN MONTHS
Brooke!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Little girls are so testy aren't they?! They know what they want, when they want it, and you better give it it to them at that moment or the whole world will know they are P-oed!! Sugar and spice and everything nice :p The thought of having a teenage daughter someday terrifies me! Happy 10 months Brooke!

Anonymous said...

WTG Brooke! Happy 10 months. She is beautiful!