Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Mumblings

This will be a mish-mash post, since I've been slacking on blogging...little bit of everything.


First, I just want to mention that the kids and I are back home. I don't really want to post details on the situation here, but just know that we are all doing fine : ).



Ryan went to the dentist for his 6 month check up on Thursday and got a good report! It's good to know that even though his teeth don't look the greatest, that they are still "holding up" and there's no decay issues or anything like that. The dentist said usually we would know by now if he was going to have problems with his baby teeth, so hopefully we're in the clear. The discoloring of his teeth (if you've noticed...you probably have...they definitely aren't pearly white like most kids' teeth) is due to his prematurity and some of the meds he received in the NICU to keep him alive. His permanent teeth *probably weren't affected, but the dentist said we can't know for sure until they come in.

Brooke's sleeping at night hasn't really gotten any better. She slept 4 nights in a row with only waking up for her blanket, me giving it to her, and her going right back to sleep. But now she's back to not going right back to sleep most of the time. Sometimes she's hungry, sometimes not. Still haven't quite figured it out. She gets her last bottle usually around 8-8:30. I think I may start staying up until 10:30-11:00 (a little late for me, lol) and waking her up enough to drink some more and see if that makes any difference. Her last bottle used to not be until around 10:00, but now she goes to bed earlier.

As far as her eating, I'm really trying not to worry about that. Her average these days is 20oz. a day. If I wake her to eat before I go to bed, that may get a little more in her, too. She sure pounds down the baby food at times, though. She's just not wild about the formula, I guess. I did find that sometimes when she's "done" drinking her bottle (usually after 3-3.5oz....that's pitiful), if I give her a few of the fruit puffs, that she will sometimes drink an ounce or so more. So we've been doing that trick with her. Doesn't always work, though. I'm so anxious to see what she weighs next Wednesday! I'm sure I do just worry too much. She's obviously growing because she's fitting nicely in her 6-9 month clothes now (thanks mostly to her length), but she's also not a super skinny build, either. She has a little meat on her bones, lol.

I know I mentioned before about reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and wanting to go see the movie. My sister and I have both been wanting to see it really bad and we decided to wait until it came to this one movie theater here where you can get dinner AND a movie for a great price. They always get the movies after they've been out at least a few weeks. We FINALLY got to go yesterday. It was me, her, her boyfriend, and our brother's girlfriend, Kayla. Kayla had already seen it, but she wanted to see it again. One of my sister's friend's was supposed to go too, but wasn't able to make it....but she'd already seen it as well. Anyway, we ordered our food (then they bring it out to you) and settled in to watch and the dang movie would NOT focus! It was soooo blurry. They kept trying to fix it, but couldn't get it to work. So the lady came out and explained what was going on and apologized and said she would have to get a new one delivered tomorrow (today). She said they would give everyone free passes to come back, but they would keep playing it the way it was if anyone wanted to stay. A bunch of people stayed, but we didn't. It was giving us a headache after only 20 minutes. So we're hoping to go back next weekend and we better be able to actually see it!

Brooke turns 10 months old today! (Hopefully I'll get that post and pictures up later.) I told Ryan this morning that today she is 10 months old and he sighed and said, "But *I want to be 6 years!" I told him he won't turn 6 until August and he said, "Oh." (By the way, he *does know when his birthday is.) Why do they want to grow up so darn fast???? :*(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to do what's best for you and your kids Jen, and if you are happy being back home than I'm happy for you :) I know what you mean about growing up so fast. Gabe absolutely cannot wait to go to his "big boy school" in September. He also insists that he rides the bus... Uh, no dude, not yet! :*(