Sunday, February 10, 2008

21 weeks

Photobucket
My belly is starting to round out a little finally! : )

Wow, I can't believe I'm 21 weeks (and 1 day) pregnant already! It's going by so fast so far. I have less than 3 weeks to go until I hit the day when I went in to labor the last 2 times - 23 weeks 4 days. That will be on Wednesday the 27th (say some extra prayers that day, please!). This little stinker girl has been kicking the heck out of my cervix for the past week...not a good feeling. And then on Thursday I had some of that same light beige discharge that I had a few days after my cerclage. I called the doctor just to be sure and they had me go in on Friday morning to check everything out. Dr. K. checked the heart rate first and said it was excellent and then he did an internal exam and said the cerclage was in place and my cervix was closed. Whew! He did say it could be from her kicking at my cervix so much and not to worry about it unless I start bleeding. She's eased up a bit the past couple days, so hopefully she'll move her little hiney back up near my belly button. I miss feeling her kick on the outside. It's like she's moved back and down.


As it gets closer to when I delivered before, I'm starting to get more uneasy. Even with the cerclage and 17p injections this time I'm very nervous about how my body is going to react. Maybe it will be just fine with those precautions, but maybe it will fight against them and I'll have problems. Everyone keeps saying that it's great things are looking good so far and that my cervix is holding up, BUT it was the same way with my last 2 pregnancies. Everything was fine up until the day I went in to labor. So I don't think I'll really be able to relax and breathe a sigh of relief until I pass the 28 week mark and even more every week after that. I just keep praying that I carry much further this time and that she is born strong and healthy.

I guess I don't really have much else to write about! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you are half way there and doing well! Just keep up the good work and remmeber document in a journal everything that happens so that you have a record. Like document the discharge and everything. You will want to look back on everything later anyways so keep writing. Many blessings and prayers to ya! You are doing great! Keep off the feet and drink lots of fluids!

Anonymous said...

Jen, we'll be praying for you and your precious baby girl!! I am excited for you to go past 24 weeks and get a huge ol' belly!