Friday, February 29, 2008

24 week appointment!

Technically I'm not 24 weeks until tomorrow, but close enough ; ). First, here's a pic of our cutie:


And Blogger isn't going to let me insert the picture @@. So here's a link...


Baby Brooke still inside where she *should be! ; )

I had the cervical length ultrasound first. The tech did her thing and then also did a quick scan on my belly to check her heart rate (it was 156bpm). She didn't think she was measuring my cervix right because she was coming up with 6cm and last Friday it was 3.2cm. She went to get the doctor (which she would have done anyway) and he came in and checked for himself. He showed her what she was doing wrong and while he was doing so he said, "See, that was a contraction." And I was like, "What?!" But he reassured me that it was normal and not to worry about it...I didn't even feel it. He said everything looked good and and my cervix was measuring 4cm! (Anything 2.5 and longer is good.) What a relief!!!! : )

After the u/s I had an appointment. I gained 6lbs. in a month and 10lbs. total, which he said was great. Blood pressure was good, but I don't remember the number. He asked about if I've been feeling the baby move a lot and I told him yes. I asked him about the Fetal Fibronectin (fFN) test, which can determine if you're going to go in to labor in the next 2 weeks. False results are more accurate than positive, though. He said he will only do them if my cervix is really short, which is fine by me. I got my slip to get my 1 hour GTT done around 27 weeks, before my 28 week appointment. This is a first for me!! My next appointment is in 2 weeks, on March 12th. He said we would both feel better if I went back in 2 weeks instead of 4 : ). Did I mention I love him? LOL. He really is awesome!

It is still unbelieveable to me that I am still pregnant! I am thrilled...I can't even tell you how thrilled, especially after getting an awesome report today. It's hard to believe that normally by now I would have a 1 to 2 day old baby! Wow. I am so thankful to still be pregnant :*).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about your appointment and praising God that you are still pregnant and the new wee one is healthy! I CAN wait to see her ;).

Kristen said...

I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Jen!! Im so happy for you!! You must be extatic!!!! :) keep us updated!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great sweetie and looking sooo good!! Keep up the good work and keep baking that pink baby in there! Take it one day at a time and enjoy the ride!

Holly