Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another check up

I had Brooke to the ped. yesterday for another check up. She now weighs 5lbs. 12oz. and is 19.25in. long! She has gained 1lb. 1oz. since coming home just over 3 weeks ago : ). YAY! She's still taking between 50 and 70 cc's per feeding. The reflux seems about the same, even with the Zantac. I told the ped. that and he said to try thickening her bottles with rice cereal. We did that with Ryan, but he was quite a bit older. I told him I would try it, but once I got home and thought about I decided I wasn't comfy with doing that with her. So I think I'm going to just call and ask to try a different med. I've heard Zantac doesn't always work great with the little ones.


I also had to take Ryan for a pre-op. appointment yesterday because he's getting his 2nd sedated eye exam next Monday. He has glaucoma in his right eye and is probably legally blind in that eye. He's very nearsighted in his left eye. His doctor wants to keep a close eye on things, especially with his left eye since that's his only good eye. Ryan isn't at the age where he's very cooperative for a thorough exam, hence the need for a sedated one. He had one in January '07 and it was super quick and not a big deal. Well, Ryan didn't wake up from the anesthesia in a very good mood, but other than that it went well! He was supposed to have this exam done on April 1st, I believe it was, but we postponed it due to my pregnancy complications and then Brooke ended up being born before that anyway. It was for the best to reschedule it, though!


Oh my, what a night we had last night! When I put Ryan to bed last night and kissed his head, I thought he felt awfully warm, but it was VERY hot and I chalked it up to that. I went up to bed about an hour and a half later, around 9:30, and went to pull the blanket away from him because he insisted on being covered up when he went to bed even though his room was like an oven. As soon as I walked in his room, I smelled "it". Puke. All over his bed and him and there he laid sleeping peacefully. LOL. How he could stand the stench, I have no idea : X. So Doug got his bed cleaned up and I got him in the bath tub (which he then didn't want to get out of even though he was practically falling asleep in there). I took his temp before he got a bath and it was 101.2! After his bath, I put a Be Kool patch on his forehead, which he seemed to really like. He went right back to sleep. I checked his temp a couple hours later and it was down to 99.8. This morning it was back down to normal. He hasn't thrown up again and he's been acting fine and keeping food and liquid down. He does have quite a bit of a heat rash on his back, though. I think the vomiting and all that was just heat related. There is now a fan in his bedroom window and that helped a lot last night. We had a fan in there last year and it somehow disappeared and we hadn't gotten a new one yet. So last night Doug went and borrowed one from his mom and dad. So that was our eventful night...I hope I never make a discovery like that again! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Brooke! Way to pork up :) I hope you find something that works for the reflux!! Ick about Ryan! Gabe did that once too. Threw up and went right back to sleep. What a mess I had to deal with in the morning :( And yes, you are right... that is an unmistakable smell!