Monday, June 2, 2008

Long overdue update

Brooke started spitting up more often and having times where you could tell something came part way up and she was in pain, arching her back and crying. So pitiful. I called the ped. on Friday and explained what was going on and he called in Zantac for her. I don't think it's working, though. I'm going to ask about Prilosec or Prevacid, I think.


This morning when I was changing her, I noticed when I took her socks off that she looked puffy right where the sock line ended. The socks were snug, so I thought maybe that's why. The home health nurse came today so I mentioned it to her and well, she obviously saw it when she looked Brooke over. You could only tell on her left leg at that point and it wasn't as pronounced. So since everything else looks good with her, then we're just assuming it was the socks for now and she was going to call the ped. with an update and go from there. She's supposed to call me back today or tomorrow. Brooke has been eating more at her feedings. It used to be we could barely get her to take 45cc's (an ounce and a half) at most feedings, but now she's usually taking about 2oz. (60cc's), sometimes as much as 70cc's. I could tell she was getting bigger and heavier and dare I say chunkier, lol...so I couldn't wait to see what she weighed. And she was 5lb. 5.5oz.! That's a 5.5oz. gain in 6 days : ).


Have I mentioned how gassy she is?? LOL. She can be quite the smelly little thing. Seriously! The home health nurse smelled her today (and actually Brooke peed on her today when she took her diaper off to weigh her, lol...and then she almost spit up on her). Between the gas and the reflux, she's pretty fussy : (. Probably about 4 nights ago, I tried her in her bassinet in the regular Boppy pillow (vs. the swing downstairs) and she slept so-so in there. I don't like it much, though, because she slides down and I worry about her being able to breathe okay. So last night I decided to try her in the bouncy seat, but she didn't take to that at all. Last night wasn't a very good night, period. She fussed a lot. Funny thing is, after her 2:30am feeding when I couldn't get her to settle and go to sleep, I ended up laying her in the bed, kind of hold her with my arm around her, and she slept fine like that until about 6am! I don't sleep very soundly when I have her in bed with me (which hasn't been often...that might be changing, I guess), so I'm pretty tired. I'll probably crash early tonight and have Doug do her late night feeding and bring her up afterwards and then I'll do the middle of the night one. A good friend from my loop that I'm on from my pregnancy with Ryan graciously offered to send us a Boppy newborn lounger that they are no longer using, so we don't have to buy one. So sweet! I'm curious as to if she'll maybe sleep better in there. If not, then it's back to the swing or maybe time to break down and get an Amby bed. We'll see!


Okay, here are some pictures!


Photobucket
I can't wait to see how they get older!
Photobucket
Found that thumb again.

Photobucket
Hanging out in the Boppy pillow on the couch. This may be the last pic of her swaddled, lol. She cannot stand having her arms wrapped up anymore! The past few days she's actually been holding her temp up without being wrapped at all. We just dress her in a onesie and socks and sleeper and hat. It's finally staying warm out for the most part, too, so that helps!

Photobucket
Going for her first walk!

Photobucket
I love this stroller! It's a Peg Perego Venezia and it has a reversible handle, so baby can face you or out, and you can enclose it like a bassinet. It also has a step on the front and back for an older child to stand and ride. I got a SWEET deal on it on Ebay!


These next 6 pics were taken at my mom and dad's house on Memorial Day.
Photobucket
He loves all sports (thanks to Wii Sports)! LOL. Tennis, baseball, basketball, bowling, golf, etc.

Photobucket
Golfing on the deck, lol.

Photobucket
Going after a stray ball.

Photobucket
I had to snap this real quick before he looked away! He doesn't like getting his picture taken anymore.

Photobucket
She hung out in her bouncy seat in the pack'n'play on the deck a lot of the time.

Photobucket
Awwww ; ).

Photobucket
I love her expression.

Photobucket
Yes, she is sucking on her arm!

Photobucket
Relaxin'.

Photobucket
It was almost time to eat. LOL.

Photobucket
I love the feet in this one ; ).

Photobucket
Sleepy baby.

Photobucket
She has the sweetest face :*).

Photobucket
The place Doug works for sent her this blanket right after she was born. Then we just got a 2nd one (for some reason?) a couple days ago!

Photobucket
Looking like a big girl!

Photobucket
Her headbands fit!

Photobucket
One of her funny faces.

Photobucket
Trying on her first outfit (vs. a sleeper), but she went in to a sleeper then. She would've been too cold in short sleeves! She looks so cute in it, though : ).

Photobucket
I still can't believe I'm a mommy of 2 (plus an angel) now!

4 comments:

Pancy Fants said...

I never get tired of seeing all the photos. Ryan looks so in love with Brooke- they are both just precious. I love Brookes girly-girl clothes :).

Anonymous said...

I love the pic where she has the smirk on her face. And the last picture is so cute with her looking at Ryan. They look so much alike!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww poor little baby :( I hope you find something that works for her. That has got to be so frusterating! Love the pics :)

Marissa said...

What a beauty!! Big Brother seems to really be enjoying having her home too. :)