Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I stand corrected

I was sitting here last night really thinking about Brooke and her spitting up and she actually hasn't been spitting up as much the past couple days. So maybe the chiropractor *is helping. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. Either way we'll probably just take her the one more time (tomorrow night) and that's it, unless she starts getting worse or something again. The insurance covers the visit, but the $15 copays add up fast! (Of course right after I finished typing this paragraph, she spit up a mouthful of curdled-milk-like spit up. YUCK. Is that normal??)


The home health nurse was here this morning and Brooke weighed 6lb. 6.5oz. So that's just under the 1/2 an ounce a day minimum they like to see. I'm not sure if she's gaining so slowly now just because of the lower calorie formula (Neosure is 22 cal. per ounce and the Sensitive is 20 cal. per ounce) or if she's just having a slow spurt. I guess we'll wait and see what the doctor says when the home health nurse calls him with the update. I hope she has significant gain by Friday when the nurse comes again!


Yesterday evening, Brooke started coughing and sneezing a good bit. The cough sounds just like her "reflux cough" that she does occasionally, but she was doing it more. Coupled with the sneezing and then her not eating the greatest yesterday and being pretty fussy last evening, I thought for sure she was coming down with something. I was expecting a rough night, but she slept just fine and I actually had to wake her to eat at a quarter to 4 (about 5 hours since her previous feeding) and she drank almost that whole bottle. Then she drank her whole bottle at 8. The nurse said she sounds great. She actually hasn't sneezed yet today and has only coughed a few times this morning, so hopefully it's nothing!


Here's some pictures. I have some other ones that I'm going to put in a post all by themselves that I took on Saturday (her due date). But here's these for now!


Photobucket
Dressed up for Doug's mom and dad's vow renewal ceremony.

Photobucket
Before a bath. She made herself comfy while I was getting the water ready, lol. I was hoping she would wake up more when I put her on her belly, but nope!

Photobucket
This is where/how she sleeps at night...on the Boppy pillow in the bassinet next to my bed.

Photobucket
Hanging out on the end of the recliner after a diaper change. A lot of times I'll change her there so her head is slightly higher than her belly in hopes that she won't spit up and we almost always have something under her to catch any spit up.

Photobucket
Getting mad and I swear trying to roll over!

Photobucket
Ryan had to come make sure she was okay ; ). He gets very concerned when she cries or fusses! So cute!

Photobucket
Sucking on her hand.

Photobucket
Lifting her head up!

Photobucket
Sucking on the burp cloth. LOL.

Photobucket
Sacked out on the Boppy pillow downstairs.

Photobucket
Just looking cute ; ).

Photobucket
The home health nurse gave us these pictures. We taped them to the back of Ryan's chair, lol. Notice, we'll also fold up a burp cloth/cloth diaper to prop up against her pacifier to help keep it in her mouth because it's always popping out and then she gets mad!


I don't think I ever posted about Ryan's preschool graduation! It was on Wednesday, June 11th. They did a little program and sang a few songs. Ryan did SO well! Most of the pictures I took suck...they turned out so dark : (. But here's a pretty good one of him and his teacher, Mrs. Kristen, when he got his diploma!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I love all the pictures!! And YAY Ryan WTG kiddo!! Is he going to kinder this year? I remember he was born in August I dunno if he made the ccut off for ya'll or not?


Holly

Sarah-Lynn's mom said...

I wouldn't get to upset about the weight gain. Remember when you are talking that small of a difference that every scale can be ever so slightly different. Or depending on what was in the diaper an make 1/2 to over an ounce difference.

Her weight sounds great to me. She is about the size Sarah-Lynn was at her expected de date.

Most of the time with Sarah-Lynn she didn't even wait for the milk to curddle before she would have her big pukes, Andrew would wait a while longer to puke if he was and it would be curddled.

Congrats to Ryan on graduation!!