Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cloth diapers

We started using cloth diapers on Ryan right before he turned 2, mainly because I wanted to see how I liked them in case we had another baby. For those of you that don't know, cloth has come a LONG way! No more pinned prefolds and rubber pants, unless that's what you want to use. Now there's this thing called a Snappi that you can use instead of pins. There's covers that snap or velcro on and a whole Work at Home Mom (WAHM) world of super, super cute diapers! Now you can bypass prefolds, totally and use fitteds under the covers intead, which go on just like a disposable diaper and have snaps or velcro. There are also All In Ones (name says it all, no cover needed). Oh, and wool! Which can also be super cute and that you can use over snappi'd or pinned prefolds or over fitteds. You can save a lot of money by using cloth diapers (unless you go overboard buying due to the cuteness factor, lol!). Washing them is super easy, too. I LOVE cloth : ).


I started buying cloth diapers before I even got pregnant this time! We were still TTC. Brooke has quite a stash now! Mostly prefolds and fitteds and covers. We just started using them on her on Tuesday because we were waiting for her to get a little bigger. Some of her diapers are still too big, but she does have a good bit that fit already!

Photobucket
XS Wonder Works All in One (AIO)

Photobucket
Mudshrimps (WAHM) fitted

Photobucket
Bummis Super Brite cover over Mudshrimps fitted. I love this cover!

Photobucket
Another Mudshrimps fitted.

Photobucket
Preemie prefold snappi'd on.

Photobucket
Proraps cover over it.

Photobucket
My Baby Moon (I think) cover with a preemie prefold trifolded and laid inside.

Photobucket
My camera insisted on turning this pics sideways : P. I think this is a Wiggle Worm Bottoms cover. The fabric is "It's a Girl"...super cute!

I'm sure you'll see more pics of Brooke in cloth on here in the future : ). It was so hot yesterday I just had her in that white t-shirt and diaper. I love being able to see the cute dipes on her : ).

And here are some more recent pictures!

Photobucket
So sweet :*)

Photobucket
"HUH??"

Photobucket
:*)

Photobucket
LOL! I found her like this. She wiggled it off. Ryan was standing there looking at her, like "What the heck??"

Photobucket
Checking out her floor gym.

Photobucket
She seemed to like it for a few minutes or so and then she seemed to start getting overstimulated.

Tuesday was Zachary's 6th birthday. We always go to the cemetary on his birthday and take pictures. That's the only day I go to the cemetary because I don't like being there, don't feel the need to go, and don't need to be there to remember him. I know some people need some place to go and visit the cemetary a lot to "visit with" their loved ones, but I'm not one of them. Here are a couple pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this picture of the 2 of them.

Photobucket
Ryan looked away right when I snapped it. Turned out cute, though! You can kinda see how fluffy Brooke's hair is here...that's how it looks right after a bath!

Photobucket
My big boy in his Britax Regent carseat. He loves that seat!

Photobucket
Sleeping beauty. I'm loving putting the bows in her hair now that she doesn't need to wear a hat anymore! I'm SO over hats!! LOL!

Photobucket
You can tell she has a big old cloth diapered butt under that sleeper! I don't care for the bulkiness of some diapers, but oh well! When she's in mediums I'll probably find the trimmest diapers I can, since she'll likely be in those awhile.

Photobucket
No more hats OR sleepers! Unless it drastically cools down again. Love the tongue in this one!

Photobucket
One second she was fine, the next she was starving and trying to eat all 10 fingers at once. LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the diapers!!! I have that same butterfly sleeper! And, I know what you mean about the big diaper butt...that's a little hard for me to get used to!

Stacey said...

I love my butt fluff :) That Pooh one is a MBM, I have a pocket out of the same fabric :) I started making diapers for Aidan this last week. It's fun :)

Crystal said...

I love the diapers, they are fun!!

Anonymous said...

Is the first pic the diaper you were comparing her to in the hospital? OMG!! That girl has really grown!! That diaper used to looked huge compared to her.