Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun weekend!

Before I forget...sorry, I never updated on Brooke's doctor appointment Thursday : /. I took her in because I thought her Zantac needed increased for her reflux due to her starting to have painful episodes again. He actually doubled the dose and she hasn't had any bad episodes soon : ). She weighed in at a whopping 9lbs. 12.75oz.! That's a tiny bit over an ounce a day weight gain, which is perfect. So I'm sure by now she's hit 10lbs. : ). He also gave me a new formula to try on her. Right now she's on Similac Sensitive. He gave me Similac Sensitive R.S. It actually has rice in it and is a little thicker for babies with reflux. I haven't tried it on her yet, though. She may not even drink it.


Saturday was Doug's work picnic at the park. We went last year and only stayed about an hour because Ryan was not listening at all and kept throwing tantrums. He was MUCH better this year (Brooke was easygoing and good, too). We ended up staying about 5 hours! They had a huge inflatable slide, a bounce house, this other inflatable thing (not sure what it was called) that I took Ryan in and he did NOT like, a bungee/trampoline thing, a live band, a "bird guy" (rescues birds and gives shows to entertain and inform people on how to care for a bird as a pet ~ i.e. parrots, cockatoos, etc.), train rides, etc. etc. Ryan loved the train. The food was good, although not a big selection.

August 9
Ryan's treat bag he decorated.

August 9
Daddy and Ry on the train.

August 9
Mommy and Brooke on the train.

August 9
"That Guy With the Birds" (that's what his van says, lol). He was singing with the cockatoo, lol.

August 9
Some of the parrots.

After we left the picnic, we took Ryan to a small playground for a little while. The playground at the park was way too crowded. We were the only ones at the small one : ). He had a blast and kept posing for me for pics! LOL
August 9

August 9

August 9

August 9

Yesterday afternoon, we took Ryan fishing for the first time. Doug's brother and his family went along, too. Ryan was doing good at first, with his Spongebob fishing rod (no hook, just a rubbery Plankton on the end of it). He seemed to get the hang of casting. Then I don't know what happened. He kept letting go of the button too soon and Plankton would drop to the ground. Ryan would bend over to pick him up (so he could just throw it in the water and then reel it in, lol) and almost fell in 3 times! The third time, my camera ended up going for a swim while I was trying to save Ryan. It was already acting up and I could barely get it to turn on. Now it's really fried and I don't know what I'm going to do : (. Anyway, here are some pics from before it went totally kaput.
August 10
Lake Shawnee.

August 10
Daddy giving Ryan lessons on how to use his rod.

August 10
Reeling it in. He was good at that part!

August 10
Casting it out. Down here is where he kept almost falling in!

August 10
Cheesing for me. LOL.

2 comments:

Valerie Williams said...

Great pics! Looks like such a fun weekend!!! :)

LdybugSammi said...

seriously, could they get any cuter!!??

ps I left you an award on my blog!