Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I decided to start doing Memes. If you don't know what those are, I like Gena's explanation...hehe. I doubt I'll keep up with them every day, but I'll try to do a few a week, especially if I don't have other news to blog about. And some days I may even blog more than once (general news AND a Meme), so be sure to check! ; )


Today I decided to blog about 13 things that I'm thankful for, especially since lately I've been having some difficult moments with Brooke being so needy/fussy and not being used to that. These are in no particular order.


1. FAMILY - I seriously have like the best family ever! And yes, my in-laws are included in that. My parents have been through a lot, especially my mom...she had a very rough childhood. I am so proud and thankful for the upbringing that my sister, brother, and I had. No, it wasn't perfect, but who can say that? But we had unconditional love and support (still do!). And I'll tell ya what...after some horror stories I've heard about other people's in-laws, I am especially thankful for mine. They treat me like one of "their own" and have since day one : ). And of course "family" includes Doug, Zachary, Ryan, and Brooke!


2. MY KIDS - I am so very blessed to have my 2 miracles here with me, Ryan and Brooke. And yes, I even feel thankful to have had and lost Zachary because he taught me so much in such a short time.


3. A HOME - Yes, I yearn for a bigger house with another bedroom and more storage space, but I know how lucky we are to have a roof over our heads!


4. FRIENDS - I really only have one "in real life" friend that I'm close to and talk to on a regular basis and that is my best friend, Jessica. She ROCKS! She's always been there for me, even through the hard times (like losing Zachary) and I am so happy she's in my life and I know she always will be. I also have a good number of 'net friends, 2 groups in particular - the December loop girls who I shared my pregnancy with Ryan with (we were all due in December) and the June/July loop girls who, you guessed it, I shared my pregnancy with Brooke with. I don't know what I would do without all of them!


5. FOOD - Yes, I love to eat and that is catching up with me lately. I don't think anyone would call me fat, but I've gained 20+lbs. since graduating H.S. 8 years ago and I'm not proud of that.


6. INTERNET - Because I don't know what I would do without being able to keep in touch (easily) with my girls mentioned above!


7. HEALTH - For me and my family, especially for my 2 miracles who could easily not be doing as well as they are!


8. BOOKS - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read!


9. TRANSPORTATION - I know we're lucky to have a reliable car to get us from point A to point B.


10. FREEDOM - So many in other countries don't have it as good as we do even though our government can be so screwed up.


11. BEING A STAY-AT-HOME MOM - This may change soon with the rising costs of everything, but I'm enjoying it while I can!


12. MY SISTER - Yes, she falls under the category of "FAMILY", but I have to give her special mention since we almost lost her in February '05 due to a drunk driver (her best friend who was driving - no, she wasn't the DD - wasn't so fortunate). My sister was in critical condition for what seemed like forever (over a week) and in not-so-great shape for even longer than that. Today she's doing very well and I don't know what I would have done if she would not have made it :*(.


13. TV - Yes, sometimes I watch too much of it, but it's so nice to just sit down and get lost in a show after a long day. (This isn't so easy lately with Brooke being a terror in the evenings alot of the time.)


I could keep going, but that was 13, so I'll stop. Besides, Brooke will probably wake up and start screeching any minute, lol. As it is, the only reason she's sleeping now is because I'm bouncing her bouncy seat with my foot as I type this. LOL.

1 comment:

Miss Mandee said...

Great 13 Jen!! I love your look blog look! It fits you well!