Saturday, August 30, 2008

I had forgotten...

...what it feels like to get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep in a row! The last 2 nights, Brooke has slept from 10pm to 5am! Then she drinks about 2oz. and is sleeping again within 20 minutes. I shouldn't even be posting this because I'm pretty much guaranteeing that it won't happen again for a LONG time! LOL. It was nice, though. Well, except the heart attack I had yesterday morning when I awoke at 4am for a potty break and realized she hadn't woken up yet. I checked to make sure she was breathing. I am just *that used to her being up by 3am anymore. Not sure what happened because there for awhile she was sleeping until 4:30 or 5:30. Actually, come to think of it, I think she started drinking her last bottle of the night a little earlier. The last 2 nights she's had it closer to 10 (vs. 9:00), so we'll have to try to keep that up and see if it helps!


Ryan and I had some one on one time last night. I took him to the mall with me (yes, he *wanted to go...LOL). I had taken him and Brooke last Sunday and it was interesting to say the least, but *he was the "good" one...so I told him I would take him again sometime, just me and him. I had to exchanged some sleepers my sister got him for his birthday because he needed a 5T instead of a 4T and I also took something back to Gymboree that I had gotten for Brooke. He was pretty well behaved except for one mini meltdown while we were in line at Wendy's at the food court, but a threat of leaving and going home was enough to get him back on track. Then he jumped the whole time we were in Gymboree. LOL. He thinks he's a kangaroo or something...the sales lady thought he was cute, though ; ). Then he really shocked me. This kid has been afraid of rides (like the ones they put in malls, Walmart, Chuck E. Cheese, etc.) for over a year now. No idea why...he used to LOVE them. I think he's getting over his fear, though. Last night he sat in all 6 of them at the mall! Didn't get to ride any because I didn't have any quarters, but it was HUGE for him to actually sit in them. Normally he practically runs in the other direction if you even ask him if he wants to. LOL.


After the mall, we stopped at Walmart to get a few things. He loves Walmart. Asks to go all the time. Little nut ; ). We now have a Super Walmart and they have an arcade. He always wants to ride the bike/motorcycle with Daddy. It actually leans from side to side. He LOVES it. Ryan does, too. LOL. Last night I helped him on it. What a joke. I suck!


With that, I leave you with some more basket pics that I just had to take today! The blanket was over her isolette in the NICU and we got to keep it (I LOVE the colors in it) and she just so happens to have a diaper cover that coordinates perfectly with it, thus why I *had to take these pics ; ). Enjoy!


August 30
Look at all her new hair growing in! It's coming fast now! She's still got these long wisps right in the front that are starting to look ridiculous, though...the only pieces on top that didn't fall out : P.

August 30
No smiles. She just looks at me like, "Who's the idiot holding the little shiny thing that flashes at me??"

August 30
Could she get ANY cuter?

August 30
Looking so innocent!

No comments: